Tautai

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Tautai

Post by josie andrews »

Taulima Tautai has been charged with Grade D dangerous contact during last week’s Catalans game. He could face a ban of between three and five matches.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-9276810
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pearsy

Re: Tautai

Post by pearsy »

Oh dear what a shame
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Im sure he wont be missed
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

He's not my favourite but I'm scratching my head to remember anything he did that warranted a charge like that.
The one I did wonder about was Tony Clubb but seeing the footage on the Catalans website, I think (although it's a bit blurred) he caught the guy on the chest and it wasn't a 'clothes-line.'
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Southern Softy wrote:He's not my favourite but I'm scratching my head to remember anything he did that warranted a charge like that.
The one I did wonder about was Tony Clubb but seeing the footage on the Catalans website, I think (although it's a bit blurred) he caught the guy on the chest and it wasn't a 'clothes-line.'
I’m the same I can’t recall this incident,that said having seen the Edwards incident I don’t think it really warranted a sending off on the night either
LooseHead

Post by LooseHead »

Doesnt look much in it, not sure what the definition of dangerous contact is?
Wes

Post by Wes »

Might be the reverse suplex after the ball has been passed, could be wrong though?!
Great grandad Harry ball

Post by Great grandad Harry ball »

So let me get this right.
Edwards- sent off but gets SOS
Tautai gets grade D
Bird gets grade D
- neither of which were pulled up on the day, and having seen them again can't really see what for...

What sort of refereeing or adjudication is this???
ian b

Post by ian b »

the officiating is getting worse at times. Clubb made a good hard challenge which wouldn't have raised an eyebrow in Australia its a joke
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

cherry.pie wrote:This is the Tautai challenge

https://youtu.be/fqL6jWMUnh0?t=3m20s
I'm all in favour of serious foul play being taken out of the game but I'm still struggling a bit to see how this qualifies. We all know what real foul play is (take a bow Brett Ferres) and I'm not excusing nasty stuff but considering the ref didn't even think it worth a word, let alone a penalty, I'm a bit taken aback.