Bullock Signs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
captinjack

Re: Bullock Signs

Post by captinjack »

josie andrews wrote:He used to play for our academy & is apparently an excellent player.

Alex Walmsley, Chris Hill even Neil Cowie came from Championships clubs!

Give the lad a chance for God’s sake.

I don’t think our current coach has had much say in recruitment or letting players go for a few years.
Well said Josie. Some of our best props came from the lower divisions. Maybe some who post on this thread don't remember those days. The days of Big Red (Neil Cowie) Terry O'content, Barrie Mac to name a few. Let's give the lad a chance, before some of those on here start ripping him to bits!
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I can understand why people feel underwhelmed about the signings we are making recently. Hope bullock will turn out to be a top find but when saints sign players like naiqurima, even Salford signing Hastings, it just doesn’t fill the fans with that much hope.
JUKESAYS

Post by JUKESAYS »

Barney841 wrote:I can understand why people feel underwhelmed about the signings we are making recently. Hope bullock will turn out to be a top find but when saints sign players like naiqurima, even Salford signing Hastings, it just doesn’t fill the fans with that much hope.
Strange?
Thought we'd signed Zak hardaker and Joe Greenwood recently?
Not to mention resigning Gildart/Davies/Marshall and more.

If people want to find something to moan about they'll find it.
Irrespective of the evidence
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Remember were losing Bateman and Sutton as well and in desperate need of an experienced half back and centre also
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

ragman wrote:FFS! Give the lad a chance!!

He's a big, strong running prop of the type we're crying out for.

Terry O'Connor, Neil Cowie, Barry McDermott - they all came from the smaller, more 'minor' clubs that are being snobbishly insulted by some on here. Andy Platt was another one (sorry, couldn't resist...)

For my money this is a good signing of a young, hard running forward from a neglected RL region that has been producing top players for years.

Haters gonna hate, but I'm pleased for once.
+1
Give the lad a chance.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

In Focus: Joe Bullock

Bullock ‘can be superb player for Wigan’

Bullock praised by Barrow local media

Has impressed in both League 1 and Championship

The forward also a good example off the field in the local community projects

New Warriors signing Joe Bullock is ‘everything you’d want from a prop forward’ according to Barrow-based rugby journalist Marc Bazeley.

Giving an insight into what Warriors fans can expect from the 25-year old next season, he said that Bullock had “shown himself to be everything you’d want from a prop forward really - hard running, good strong carrier of the ball, tackles well and had a decent offload. He’s got pace, power and he can score tries as well.”

Bullock began his playing days as an outside back in the Wigan Academy before moving to Leigh Centurions and Bazeley from the North West Evening Mail said his initial schooling has served him well.

“You can obviously tell he’s always had potential being with Wigan as a youngster. He played a lot in League 1 for Barrow and was one of the star players for them there. He won a load of awards at the end of last season including our own player of the year award.”

On this season he continued “He’s kicked on again in the Championship this year and I’m sure if he keeps working hard and keeps applying himself in the manner he has done, which I’m sure he will, then hopefully he can be a superb player for Wigan.”

But it’s not just on the field where Bullock has impressed in his time with the Raiders, Bazeley also explained how the prop-forward has worked hard in the local community also.

“Off the field he is a real down to earth nice bloke and has always set a good example in setting a professional approach to everything he does.”

“He’s been a member of the community team for quite a while now. They go out into schools delivering coaching with the kids. They also do other things such as reading projects on the educational side as well, so he’s been a really key member of driving that forward.”

“He’s also got in on the coaching side of things. He works very closely with the Barrow elite U16s which brings in local players from the area to gain experience and coaching from Barrow.”

“Also in this 2017-18 College Rugby League season he joined the coaching staff for the U19s team which got to the National College Cup Final.”

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2018- ... 9cbuTtU.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

At least we’re getting a new coach that’s the biggest plus
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Barney841 wrote:Remember were losing Bateman and Sutton as well and in desperate need of an experienced half back and centre also
We’ve signed a centre, I don’t think you will see another one recruited. Hopefully a half back though.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Good luck to him, he must be a step up from TT on his current form.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

Let's give the lad a chance, how many fans when Wire signed Hill and Saints signed Walmsley and they became a success said why haven't we looked to the championship now we have the club gets hammered .What I've seen of Hankinson he looks decent signing and a good size for a centre,Bullock looks a big rough prop that we've been crying out for, as for signing top NRL players not many ever come over these days due to the salary cap the ones that do are at the time unwanted by their clubs and come over here to get back in the shop window ie Barba, it'll be a long time before a current Australian test player comes to Super League who's still wanted in the NRL.Let's remember Cowie came from Rochdale and was a success I don't remember at the time fans saying why have we signed him more like he must be good because we've signed him .Give these lads a chance our support and some confidence rather than trying to destroy them before their Wigan careers start.