Bullock Signs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Southern Softy

Re: Bullock Signs

Post by Southern Softy »

I hope he does succeed - it would be good us - good for him and generally good for the game to show that there was a way into SL from the lower leagues but if we have to look back as far as Neil Cowie, it does raise the question of why now from a club that has been getting seriously hammered in recent weeks and why haven't we gone to lower leagues before? The last major success I recall from a lower league was Ben Flower and he came with Gil Dudson who wasn't a success.
Hankinson did look more than OK on his debut and the part of his second match that he completed but I suspect that was more because Wigan were playing like Swinton, not that Hankinson suddenly stepped up his game.
The bigger question it does raise is why aren't our young forwards making the grade?
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

So far we have replaced FPN and Gelling and JT and ST. That still leaves TT, Bateman and possibly Williams. We certainly need another big name.
6742hitch

Post by 6742hitch »

As long as he puts Chris Hill on his arris and keeps doing so I’ll be happy!
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Barney841 wrote:Remember were losing Bateman and Sutton as well and in desperate need of an experienced half back and centre also
Remember it's July and next season starts in February, 6 months to go. Apparently Man U are still looking to recruit 2 players with 10 days or so to the start of their season.

Calm down, dear!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
ian b

Post by ian b »

ragman wrote:FFS! Give the lad a chance!!

He's a big, strong running prop of the type we're crying out for.

Terry O'Connor, Neil Cowie, Barry McDermott - they all came from the smaller, more 'minor' clubs that are being snobbishly insulted by some on here. Andy Platt was another one (sorry, couldn't resist...)

For my money this is a good signing of a young, hard running forward from a neglected RL region that has been producing top players for years.

Haters gonna hate, but I'm pleased for once.
every player the club signs is sh-t didn't you know ? !!!!!
Wes

Post by Wes »

Can’t believe we have signed an up and coming British prop! We should be looking to sign an established bruiser from the NRL, preferably with a menacing nickname! Oh wait haven’t we tried that?!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

As for a world class player for 2019, who do we have... Hardaker? Aren’t we meant to be “Wigan”. As for Bullock good luck to the lad... he’s a forward so his job is easy, run hard, tackle hard. if it was a half back from Barrow or Dewsbury I’d be worried
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Also look where we got Flower and Clubb from... before they knew it they were double winners!

As a sport we must invest in the Championship (as long as we aren’t underwhelmed)

Anyway, Wigan just making room on the Cap for Greg Inglis in 2019
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

A couple of points.

1. If this was one signing amongst others (including some star names), no-one would bat an eyelid.

2. If buying players from "lesser" clubs was uncommon, no-one would bat an eyelid.

I think 2. shows how close the leagues are at the moment. Sadly it's a race to the bottom rather than the other way around.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I'm looking forward to seeing the lad play..but be absolutely honest here he simply isn't a big name signing to get people back through the turnstiles no matter how good he may turn out to be, and genuinely I hope thats the case with him.