Batemans Gone

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Batemans Gone

Post by Mike »

bump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
markill

Re: Bateman Gone?

Post by markill »

Mike wrote:Ryan Sutton, fringe international. Thats a bit of a leap at this stage.
He's in the Knights squad so it seems like an accurate assessment to me.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
ian b

Post by ian b »

josie andrews wrote:Spoke to him tonight, he says he doesn’t know where all these stories the last few days are coming from as he hasn’t signed anything yet & hopefully everything will be sorted for next week.

Obviously he’s not going to come out & announce anything before the club announcement.

But when he came over to the East stand after the game he was banging his Wigan badge with pride.
seen him do that a few times. I think he might be staying
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

ian b wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Spoke to him tonight, he says he doesn’t know where all these stories the last few days are coming from as he hasn’t signed anything yet & hopefully everything will be sorted for next week.

Obviously he’s not going to come out & announce anything before the club announcement.

But when he came over to the East stand after the game he was banging his Wigan badge with pride.
Of course in football the first sign of badge kissing/banging usually means they’re off

Just saying like
wontoofree

Post by wontoofree »

ian b wrote:

I hope you are correct. He is a big player for Wigan.
SJ

Post by SJ »

wontoofree wrote:
ian b wrote:

I hope you are correct. He is a big player for Wigan.
Hope your right He is a big player for us even if he's not a physically big player for a forward or centre for that matter. Big heart big loss.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Bateman gone official

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

2002 and EW is hooked
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I dont get this at all

he's gone for 2-3 years and has already agreed to be our marquee player after that?

I hope that agreement has stipulations up to the hilt! i like Bateman but

1) he isnt a marquee player
2) who knows what state he will be in, in 2-3years?
3) who know what other players will be available in that time

im assuming there will be things in place
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
si_bax

Post by si_bax »

“With the recent signing of Joe Greenwood from the NRL to add to Liam Farrell and Willie Isa, coupled with promising youngsters such as Liam Paisley coming through the ranks, we still have plenty of quality in our second row department that we can call upon.”

Doesn't fill me with confidence
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

si_bax wrote:“With the recent signing of Joe Greenwood from the NRL to add to Liam Farrell and Willie Isa, coupled with promising youngsters such as Liam Paisley coming through the ranks, we still have plenty of quality in our second row department that we can call upon.”

Doesn't fill me with confidence
In other words despite boasting a "significant fee" we won't be investing back into the squad
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure