Email from the club!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cumbria_warrior

Re: Email from the club!

Post by cumbria_warrior »

I can get both Edwards and lam from the commentary 2002 lam drop goal and 250 Edwards try?
100% lam drop goal on commentary (cc final v saints)
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

Heard on the grapevine press conference tomorrow at 10.
All will be revealed
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

thegimble wrote:Going to be the big one 8.

That will appease us all. Loose Bateman and get a fancy poster on the outskirts of Wigan.

Happy days.
can we have a big one when leeds are in the bottom 8 :D

to be fair i love the idea of big games, making a sense of occasion that people can get behind.

we may be losing Bateman but we can all get behind him to season end as even when the other players have been looking dejected he has shown pride and emotion for the shirt.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I can imagine it will be Lam announced as coach.
What we’ve al known for a while and that once again Wigan have decided to announce it like we didn’t have a clue
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

[quote="

Can't really see Lam coming for 1 season but could see him signing for 2/3 years and Edwards coming in 2020 as assistant with a view to taking over the next year or year after,I think that would appeal to the fans[/quote]

We decided, in the pub last Friday, that it would be Lam for two years only, the second season with Edwards as assistant. I know it's a good way off but the 2021 season onwards it'll be Edwards with SOL as assistant.
If IL(if he's still there) and KR don't like what we've decided, then tough. Us fans know best.
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

Bill.inger don't think you will be far off the mark there.Got to be lam no-one else in the frame. Hope your right about Edwards. If Lam does come for only 12 months doesn't give him much time to rebuild. Would suggest Sean semi- retires and takes up the assistant job next season. And with all that money which has come free we should be able to buy a new team, maybe the fans should draw up a list of replacements as I don't have much faith in KR
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Like it Bill!
jobo

Post by jobo »

bill.inger wrote:[quote="

Can't really see Lam coming for 1 season but could see him signing for 2/3 years and Edwards coming in 2020 as assistant with a view to taking over the next year or year after,I think that would appeal to the fans
We decided, in the pub last Friday, that it would be Lam for two years only, the second season with Edwards as assistant. I know it's a good way off but the 2021 season onwards it'll be Edwards with SOL as assistant.
If IL(if he's still there) and KR don't like what we've decided, then tough. Us fans know best.[/quote]

Like it ????????
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Anyone who says fans should have the say at a club need to look at salford
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

DaveO wrote:Don't get your hopes up. Lots of suggestions on social media this will be about announcing this years "Big One" fixture.

Lets hope such predictions are wrong and it is announcing the new coach. The club could do with doing so IMO as they have just announced Bateman is off in the same week they sent out the mailers telling those on auto-renewal their season ticket payment will be taken next week! A few more might decide to say sod it to that if all we get is a "Big One" announcement for a fixture that could well be a dead rubber anyway given we are virtually guaranteed a semi-final place.
. Yeah like Saints were virtually guaranteed a Wembley place.