New coaches

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: New coaches

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Wigan Watcher wrote:What a terrible decision this is!

There are a lot of good understudies around the world and we pick one who has not been in our sport for many years. Not only is that a bad move but they put a potentially good coach in LAM in for 1 year. I have read on here and agree what happens if LAM does really well? What happens then when they bring in this fresh coach to OUR game of rugby league who has no proven record in our game into the mix, how is that going to pan out?

For crying out loud what are we doing?
It suits Lam or he wouldn't be coming.
I mean did that really need pointing out....obviously it did!! :conf:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

mickw wrote:Don't bother with a season ticket next year ,below average players have already been signed leaving lam with slim chance.Then Edwards turns up with budget in hand and improves our team what a great coach.

I feel sorry for lam already he must be desperate for a job.
the powers that be have lost the plot.
Thought we'd signed last years man of steel, and greenwood from the NRL. I guess we didn't.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

DaveO wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: He is not only a student of RL and RU but sport in general. If there is an extra 1% to be found then Giz will find it. I guarantee he has watched every recording of Wigan this season as well as assessing the players we have just signed. He will leave no stone unturned. You don't get as successful as he is/has been by luck.
Totally agree. So pleased by the fact he will coach us in 2020 but credit also due to the club for making it possible by finding an ambitious coach in Lam who will keep the seat warm for a year. Without this due to Edwards RU commitments then we'd have to find an alternative and the opportunity may never have arisen again to have Edwards as coach.
I agree Dave hats off to IFL.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I’m more than happy with these appointments. Lam top player back in the day and from what I’ve seen in his coaching he wants 100% from everyone nothing less. And for Edwards you’ll never find anyone with a bigger heart or passion for wigan
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

And we people please stop saying “putting bums on seats”.
It’s so cringy
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
DaveO wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: He is not only a student of RL and RU but sport in general. If there is an extra 1% to be found then Giz will find it. I guarantee he has watched every recording of Wigan this season as well as assessing the players we have just signed. He will leave no stone unturned. You don't get as successful as he is/has been by luck.
Totally agree. So pleased by the fact he will coach us in 2020 but credit also due to the club for making it possible by finding an ambitious coach in Lam who will keep the seat warm for a year. Without this due to Edwards RU commitments then we'd have to find an alternative and the opportunity may never have arisen again to have Edwards as coach.
I agree Dave hats off to IFL.

Btw Shaunedwardsfanclub, that quote in your signature is not by Shaun Edwards, well not originally anyway, it was a sign in the old Central Park Gym. From memory it said something like

"The winning edge, 99% perspiration, 1% inspiration"
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

It is quite refreshing to see someone actually sticking to a contract they have signed in any sport.
I also think that Edwards must have taken a tremendous drop in salary to leave the dark side and this can only reflect his love for and desire to make something of the Club he was instrumental in driving to the heights it was.
We had a tremendous side with talent from 1 to 13 but having watched that side for years the driving heart of the side wasn't Gregory, Bell, Hanley or any of the other stars it was this man.
I am old enough to remember the tremendous fanfare when we signed Edwards on his 17th birthday and every last bit of that was worth it.
For me the Club lost its soul when we signed Millward, it has just got it back.

Welcome back Shaun
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Mike wrote:
mickw wrote:Don't bother with a season ticket next year ,below average players have already been signed leaving lam with slim chance.Then Edwards turns up with budget in hand and improves our team what a great coach.

Thought we'd signed last years man of steel, and greenwood from the NRL. I guess we didn't.

Edwards coming from Wales RU land could have players coming with him from RU ??
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

There’s no pleasing some people.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

DaveO wrote:Outstanding. Brilliant news.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rug ... 83506.html
Im with you 100% on this one, Dave!!!
Fantastic news!!!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐