New coaches

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pearsy

Re: New coaches

Post by pearsy »

Happy with the new coaches but how much of the budget has been spent on Edwards.And how much will he be consulted on new signings for next year?And let's hope this brings end to all of the project players and we start buying top quality finished players
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

bertina wrote:
Caboosegg wrote: What a Joke for Lam unless he has had a say in it sound likes a massive slap in the face.

Edward may be part of the golden age but we have basically given a head coach job to someone with no coaching experience in rugby league. Someone will no doubt say its what we need and it will be refreshing but for one moment just remember he is Wales defence coach!!!! Not attacking coach.
He had very little experience of rugby union when he went to wasps and won everything. Both Matt Dawson and Lawrence dalagglio have frequently said he was the best coach they ever played under, and they were both World Cup winners under Clive Woodward.
Sorry, Bertina, but before you go talking sense like that, please stop for a minute. Try to find something negative to say. Remember the old saying "Even in the brightest sky, you'll find a dark cloud if you look hard enough." (Something like that, anyway!)
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

No mention anywhere about Lams assistant other than a suggestion he'll be bringing in his own staff.
Is this a reason why Cassidy has re-joined the club or is Goulding ready for a step up and where will either of these two be when SOL finished playing and moves onto the coaching side of the club? Just a thought!.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

mickw wrote:Don't bother with a season ticket next year ,below average players have already been signed leaving lam with slim chance.Then Edwards turns up with budget in hand and improves our team what a great coach.

I feel sorry for lam already he must be desperate for a job.
the powers that be have lost the plot.
Stick to the jokes Mick.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

Wigan Watcher wrote:What a terrible decision this is!

There are a lot of good understudies around the world and we pick one who has not been in our sport for many years. Not only is that a bad move but they put a potentially good coach in LAM in for 1 year. I have read on here and agree what happens if LAM does really well? What happens then when they bring in this fresh coach to OUR game of rugby league who has no proven record in our game into the mix, how is that going to pan out?

For crying out loud what are we doing?
. And then he says this is not moaning.
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

Let’s face it, on this board we have a small but hard core of miserable gits who couldn’t smile if they won the lottery.Keep moaning folks you are becoming a laughing stock.
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

The Yonner wrote:Looks like this website is creaking under the weight of anticipation!

I think this is the start of some exciting times, which let's face it, is what we badly need.

Don't worry about Edwards long spell out of the game. Its not like he's a brain surgeon coming out of retirement, he is as much a perfectionist as ever, and will no doubt get right up to speed with the sports science if he's not their already.

Main excitement for me is having two former playmakers in the job. Should mean the end of headless chickens and "yed down and thrutch".

Just have to worry about the playing personnel...
. Patience brother one follows the other.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

The club have signed Edward for 2020. They must think he'll either bring his own assistant in, or choose one from someone already here. If he likes what Lam does then maybe he'll choose him, if not then maybe SOL. They can't tell him you must have Lam as your assistance.

And if Lam does well then he's more chance of an offer from a NRL club, which is probably what he wants.

Its a winner winner all round for me.

Year 1 : Lam
Year 2 : Edwards
Year 3 : Bateman
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Good press conference..

Edwards funny and relaxed,not often you hear someone called love in those situations but more power to him for it,ask a nosy question get short shrift answer.

Lam was the one for me,I’d say he fancied another year or two on his deal..I wonder if he will stay on especially if it goes well.

Lenagan does seem obsessed with forums,so hi here Ian if you read this..

Is it a risk,of course it is ALL new appointees are,will it work I truly hope so I really do.

But above all else the one word I enjoyed came from mr Lam...

Attack..with that I was sold.

bertina

Post by bertina »

fozzieskem wrote: Good press conference..

Edwards funny and relaxed,not often you hear someone called love in those situations but more power to him for it,ask a nosy question get short shrift answer.

Lam was the one for me,I’d say he fancied another year or two on his deal..I wonder if he will stay on especially if it goes well.

Lenagan does seem obsessed with forums,so hi here Ian if you read this..

Is it a risk,of course it is ALL new appointees are,will it work I truly hope so I really do.

But above all else the one word I enjoyed came from mr Lam...

Attack..with that I was sold.
where can we see it Fozzie.?