New coaches

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: New coaches

Post by DaveO »

Fan4Fifty wrote:Penny for the thoughts of Shaun Wane just now!! I've been a long time critic of the way we've played but Wane is a decent man. It's inevitable and he's had his time, but must be feeling so out of it right now.
I have been thinking the same thing. Very much yesterday's man. There is a kind of end of term feeling about this season already. I think the players have been playing as if there was since he said he was leaving.

How with all the big changes being broadcast by the club and IL as such a positive new beginning, he and the players can be motivated for the S8's and semi final under the "old regime" is a big question. Although probably not meant to be Lam's comments about playing with a smile in the press conference are an implicit criticism of how the team plays now.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I got the impression that winder will be #2 for both coaches
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Any idea if Lam is bringing his lad?
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Barney841 wrote:Any idea if Lam is bringing his lad?
Lam said its an option and talks to Rosters about it was on going.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

If anyone missed the press conference and wants to see it, here it is on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/bycCvcaASlY
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

bertina wrote:
fozzieskem wrote: Good press conference..

Edwards funny and relaxed,not often you hear someone called love in those situations but more power to him for it,ask a nosy question get short shrift answer.

Lam was the one for me,I’d say he fancied another year or two on his deal..I wonder if he will stay on especially if it goes well.

Lenagan does seem obsessed with forums,so hi here Ian if you read this..

Is it a risk,of course it is ALL new appointees are,will it work I truly hope so I really do.

But above all else the one word I enjoyed came from mr Lam...

Attack..with that I was sold.
where can we see it Fozzie.?
Wigan TV ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

For those of you with Wigan t.v. don't miss the individual interviews with Edwards and Lam, very enlightening.
Anyone who interviews Shaun Edwards needs to be really sharp otherwise he'll tear them apart. :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Enjoyed a brilliant few hours this morning & early afternoon at the press conference with Adrian Lam & Shaun Edwards.

Thank you to Mr Lenegan & Kris Radlinski.

I would also like to thank them both for bringing two of the best ever half backs ever to play for Wigan, back to coach our great club ???? ????????⚪️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

[quote="yokozuna"]If anyone missed the press conference and wants to see it, here it is on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/bycCvcaASlY[/quote

Thanks for that.
It’s good to know they’ve noticed and acknowledged that the rugby we play is abit dull and there gonna change it, as it’s having an effect on the crowds.
Risk or not, it’s the most excited ive been for a while for Wigan rugby.
Hopefully they will bring success but a change of how we play is the big thing for me, as the last 3 or 4 years of watching have been hard at times.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

A thought about all this and George Williams:

Some have been disappointed at George's progress since signing his marquee deal. There's also talk of him going to the NRL. What must he be thinking now?

In the next 2 years (if he stays), he'll have the chance to work with 2 great half-backs who will surely help him develop his game beyond anything he'd get elsewhere. I'm sure Giz won't withold his advice until he officially takes over in 2020.

If George goes, it will surely leave him thinking "what if..?" for a long time ahead.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐