Reserves

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Reserves

Post by josie andrews »

It was Joe Shorrocks who played for the Reserves on Saturday.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

markill wrote:How old is Sam Grant? I agree that Saturday seemed his most accomplished performance in the reserves to date. He's still a little way off first team level though. I think he might be one of these players that isn't quite exceptional enough at anything to be a player at a top Super League side, but his effort and work rate might be able to make up for that.
Sam Grant is 19
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

billy's pineapple ring wrote:Just posted this on RL fans site. Being an old git, Sammy has a similar skillset to the great Bill Ashurst he just needs to find some of Bill,s aggression. I hope he does not grow any more in size but develops massively in strength and power in the next couple of years. For such a big lad with a decent turn of pace he does not seem to be able to run his weight, I am sure this will happen as he develops.
If he does he could be the answer to the Lockers conundrum for many years, that is of course unless it becomes " his dream to play in the NRL" a couple of months after signing a lucrative contract at the DW and makes an absolute nob of himself by taking the p**s out of the club that made him what he is.
Also really impressed with Sam Grant has terrific potential and one to keep an eye on, good pace and skill.
We have some good players in the reserves, but Sammy and Sam are something special. Hope we can keep them both.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Sam Grant has a nice balanced running style so often a sign of a classy player.
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

The Shorrockses are not related. It was noticeable that in the previous reserves game the elder Shorrocks played and looked considerably more mature for having spent time in a first team even if he did not pull up trees for Salford.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Interesting to see that two Salford lads are playing for the reserves today, Levy Nzoungou and Jack Ratcliffe. Are they on loan at Swinton from Salford and therefore getting game time? Or are they having a trial?
Hull F.C. are wanting to sign Levy Nzoungou!

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... gn-1901006
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

josie andrews wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Interesting to see that two Salford lads are playing for the reserves today, Levy Nzoungou and Jack Ratcliffe. Are they on loan at Swinton from Salford and therefore getting game time? Or are they having a trial?

I thought that he looked usefully in the reserves game.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Levrier wrote:
josie andrews wrote:

I thought that he looked usefully in the reserves game.
Me too! I thought we had signed him at first on Saturday until I asked Lockers & he said they were from Salford & being given game time in our Reserves