'High-profile' rugby union signings

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
si_bax

'High-profile' rugby union signings

Post by si_bax »

who do we think and who would we want? George Ford was rumored at one point i think

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/n ... un-edwards
Wandering Warrior

Re: 'High-profile' rugby union signings

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Good interview and both spoke well.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
markill

Post by markill »

I've seen Edwards talk elsewhere about players who were on the fringe of Premiership squads, or top Championship players, rather than really high profile signings. So I think the high profile ones would be less likely to come through, but nice as a little tease to get the rumour mill churning.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I am sure he also said they might come "in a few years", So no different to an NRL player seeking a retirement package if so. I doubt we will be getting Owen Farrell next season.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

In a few years might be after the RU World Cup end of 2019.
Then players would have to be out of contract with their club.
At the earliest a player may be available after the end of the 2019/20 season around April/May 2020.
Even with a two month holiday it would be a big ask to get up to Super League speed for the 2020 season.
A few years may well mean 2021!
ian b

Post by ian b »

my friend played a high level of rugby union including the lions and England. He reckons it will be Welsh players he is trying to recruit and he is going to ask around and try find out who they are !!
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

I think George Ford will be up for a move to Super League in 2019. Apart from him, I doubt any regular international would be even slightly tempted to convert, there is plenty of quality talent who might be persuadable though, especially to work with Shaun
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

If we are looking for Union players then I feel we should be looking at Scotland. The young players coming through at both Edinburgh and Glasgow are excellent and are taught to play fast and exciting rugby early on in the academy. Also I don’t think they will be on big money contracts so could be persuaded.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Richymac wrote:If we are looking for Union players then I feel we should be looking at Scotland. The young players coming through at both Edinburgh and Glasgow are excellent and are taught to play fast and exciting rugby early on in the academy. Also I don’t think they will be on big money contracts so could be persuaded.
Get them asap before Wane gets to them????
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Richymac wrote:If we are looking for Union players then I feel we should be looking at Scotland. The young players coming through at both Edinburgh and Glasgow are excellent and are taught to play fast and exciting rugby early on in the academy. Also I don’t think they will be on big money contracts so could be persuaded.
Another George Fairburn would do nicely thank you!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards