New Signing - POTENTIAL

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveyGolb

New Signing - POTENTIAL

Post by DaveyGolb »

In no way am I saying that this is a done deal, but i've been told by a fairly reliable source that Robbie Farah could be on his way over for next year. He's still unsure on the contract being offered to him by the tigers and apparently wants a crack at Super League.
Again, i'm not saying this is nailed on.. but the bloke who told me is yet to let me down
Wiganer Ted

Re: New Signing - POTENTIAL

Post by Wiganer Ted »

You'd imagine that there'd be space under the salary cap for a nbig name signing. Whether Farah would be a Marquee Signing or nor we don't know but if he is then that's the SC problem solved.
If he did sign would that be Tommy gone or to coaching?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

He's older than Tommy!

No ta.
DaveyGolb

Post by DaveyGolb »

So you wouldn't have a player of his class, even if it was for a season? Younger players (Williams, Powell) could learn A LOT from him and then who knows what
DaveyGolb

Post by DaveyGolb »

DaveyGolb wrote:So you wouldn't have a player of his class, even if it was for a season? Younger players (Williams, Powell) could learn A LOT from him and then who knows what
AND

as it's been pointed out, I doubt he would cost a fortune on the SC
For me, it's worth the punt, its someone who can run the game and lets face it, we need that
moto748

Post by moto748 »

DaveyGolb wrote:So you wouldn't have a player of his class, even if it was for a season? Younger players (Williams, Powell) could learn A LOT from him and then who knows what
I'd rather have Benji! Much rather, in fact.
'
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Is Benji available or prepared to play over here?
If Farah is available and wants to play in SL then I think we should consider him.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Benji's 33, a year younger than Farah, but he is a very good player.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

TL was the NZ hooker until last time round is farah really an upgrade.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Next year we are losing Sam and Bateman who are players in the team with a bit nastiness. Add Mickey to this list and we are really short of players who can wind up the opposition and take their mind of the game. Now if we are looking for a player to bring that and a bit of organisation, then Farah fits both bills. I know he's getting on a bit but I think he would do good for a couple of seasons.

At the moment Wane thinks Tommy is better at scrum half and is playing Powell there. I think Farah would do better than both of these and could really help the likes of Ganson to improve their game.

I would love an experienced Aussie, think of David Furner, Bryan Fletcher and Ryan Hoffman.