Saddle Junction

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
First Try Tickle

Saddle Junction

Post by First Try Tickle »

Has anyone got any idea what is happening at the saddle junction. Its the worst traffic island in the world but they seem to be making it smaller and reducing the lanes, whilst making the islands bigger.

I've been on the gov website and it says they are putting a cycle lane in. for one, why does that take so much work and two, why would anyone want to go through the saddle are on their bikes. Surely there are better alternatives, like the fields near Judes and the ones behind Cuthberts.

I wonder if they are going to do the same as the A49 link road and just give up half way though.
josie andrews

Re: Saddle Junction

Post by josie andrews »

It’s disgraceful! :angry:

All this money being spent on cycle lanes is ridiculous when there are people who are homeless!

They made the pavement wider on the left hand side going into Wigan on Ormskirk Road to provide a cycle path, it’s fully the width of a car lane & if anyone is parked, or you get behind a bus or a lorry, that’s it you’ve no chance of getting past. It’s hardly ever used except for people to park cars on it!

And it’s not just there but all along Robin Park Road, it seems to have been taking place forever!

I’m not blaming the council but when you think of all the poverty about in the borough, I’m sure the millions of pounds spent could be put to better use!

Rant over ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

josie andrews wrote:It’s disgraceful! :angry:

All this money being spent on cycle lanes is ridiculous when there are people who are homeless!

They made the pavement wider on the left hand side going into Wigan on Ormskirk Road to provide a cycle path, it’s fully the width of a car lane & if anyone is parked, or you get behind a bus or a lorry, that’s it you’ve no chance of getting past. It’s hardly ever used except for people to park cars on it!

And it’s not just there but all along Robin Park Road, it seems to have been taking place forever!

I’m not blaming the council but when you think of all the poverty about in the borough, I’m sure the millions of pounds spent could be put to better use!

Rant over ????
SPOT ON !

but i do blame the council, they have the say on how to spend the money ... trying to be all 'new' and 'ultra urban'. Well we are not and it does not work !
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

x Wigan Warrior x wrote:

Rant over ????
SPOT ON !

but i do blame the council, they have the say on how to spend the money ... trying to be all 'new' and 'ultra urban'. Well we are not and it does not work !
Yeah, new swimming centre - waste of money. The canal is just as good. :lol:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I am a cyclist but don’t use the cycle lanes they are too slow. Plus, I heard they need more room for traffic as they are bringing back FADS
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

ancientnloyal wrote:I am a cyclist but don’t use the cycle lanes they are too slow. Plus, I heard they need more room for traffic as they are bringing back FADS
What's FADS, the furniture store ?

I'm also a keen Cyclist and runner, but avoid the saddle like the plague. Cycle paths should be away from traffic hotspots, the canal is close by and there are plenty of footpaths around.

Think they are just ticking the GM Cycleway box, but they will turn the saddle into a nightmare and an accident waiting to happen.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Rant over ????

yes . on collecting the bins when they should for one
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

OAMJSON wrote:

Rant over ????

How's that going to help the homeless?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote:
OAMJSON wrote:

Rant over ????

How's that going to help the homeless?
????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Wigan council are absolutely useless.

Utterly and completely useless. One of, if not THE worst in the country.

They waste and squander money like it's going out of fashion, then moan about central Government grants going down.

Here's an idea. Cut down on the RIDICULOUS salaries they pay their "top" (what a joke) people. Stop wasting money on "traffic calming" measures (which force people to change down a gear, increase CO2, increase wear and tear on cars, increase CO2 of producing replacements etc). Stop digging up roads and "improving" for the sake of it. The Saddle has always been bad, but at least we knew which lane to get in. Now.......... Resume weekly bin collections (give something back to the people who actually pay their council tax). Filling in pot holes. Repairing pavements.

It's not rocket science.