19-man Squad Vs Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Shaun Wane names 19-man squad for Thursday’s Super 8s clash vs Wakefield Trinity

Dom Manfredi in-line to make a return to the Warriors matchday for the first time in two-years

Only one change to the 19-man squad that was named to face St Helens
Wigan Warriors have named their 19-man squad for Friday’s Betfred Super League Super 8s round four clash against Wakefield Trinity at the DW Stadium, kick-off 7.45pm.

Head Coach Shaun Wane makes one change to the 19-man squad that was announced to face St Helens, as wing Dom Manfredi makes a welcome return to the fold after a lengthy spell out of the game with a knee injury.

Chris Hankinson (eye), Taulima Tautai (suspension), Liam Marshall (knee), Liam Farrell (shoulder) and long-term absentee Joe Burgess (knee) miss out for Wigan. After a family bereavement over the weekend Dan Sarginson has made himself available for selection.

On Sarginson’s potential involvement on Thursday evening, Wigan Warriors Executive Director, Kris Radlinski said: “Dan has made the decision to make himself available for Thursday’s game, but we will continue to monitor his situation as we have a duty of care to him as one of our players. He has our full support throughout this extremely difficult time for him and his family and there’s absolutely no pressure on him to play.”

19-man squad for Wakefield Trinity:

John Bateman, Tony Clubb, Tom Davies, Morgan Escaré, Ben Flower, Oliver Gildart, Joe Greenwood, Gabe Hamlin, Willie Isa, Tommy Leuluai, Dom Manfredi, Romain Navarrete, Sean O’Loughlin, Oliver Partington, Sam Powell, Dan Sarginson, Ryan Sutton, Sam Tomkins, George Williams.

Wigan host Wakefield Trinity at the DW Stadium on Friday, 8pm kick-off. Tickets are available starting from £22 for adults, £16 for concessions with juniors from £10. Members are entitled to £2 off adult tickets and £1 off concession and junior tickets.

How To Buy

• In person via DW Stadium ticket office

• Online at www.eticketing.co.uk/wiganwarriors

• Ticket Hotline 01942 311111

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2018- ... 5zXgk3P.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Green Machine

Re: 19-man Squad Vs Wakefield

Post by Green Machine »

Dilemma who to leave out.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Surely with the other thread topic sarge will not play this week. So gildart to centre manfredi on the wing.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Strongest possible squad for the next three games.
Time to rest players is when we have the three wins required to get the 2nd spot.
Then again strongest squad for the semi.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

We need a back on the bench..... just for dom insurance for his first game
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Firestarter wrote:We need a back on the bench..... just for dom insurance for his first game
Think Isa will be the cover for the backs, him going centre with Gildart to wing.

Escare and Partington to miss out.

Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Wigan host Wakefield Trinity at the DW Stadium on Friday, 8pm kick-off.Tickets are available starting from £22 for adults, £16 for concessions with juniors from £10. Members are entitled to £2 off adult tickets and £1 off concession and junior tickets.

Hope no-one is taking any notice of the date and time part of the above information - presumably from the club's 'official' notice. It's Thursday at 7.45!
BriH

Post by BriH »

Apparently Sarge has expressed his desire to play, but the Club is leaving it up to him.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Fan4Fifty wrote:Wigan host Wakefield Trinity at the DW Stadium on Friday, 8pm kick-off.Tickets are available starting from £22 for adults, £16 for concessions with juniors from £10. Members are entitled to £2 off adult tickets and £1 off concession and junior tickets.

Hope no-one is taking any notice of the date and time part of the above information - presumably from the club's 'official' notice. It's Thursday at 7.45!

They're bloody hopeless! I'm sick of telling them about the errors made & I'm sick of altering them when I post. I've stared leaving them so that hopefully other fans can complain & the club can see the amount of errors that are made!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Fan4Fifty wrote: It's Thursday at 7.45!
Can't make it this week. Wife has a meeting to go to and I have to pick my son up so not possible to get there on time (and she only told me this was happening about an hour ago so I am not happy!). If it had been Friday I'd have been there and I was looking forward to watching Greenwood now he has a few games under his belt :(

Hope we win and keep the momentum going from Saints.