19-man Squad Vs Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: 19-man Squad Vs Wakefield

Post by Caboosegg »

Very poor attendence after what we saw last week didnt break the 10000 mark
Those with obligations fair play but those protesting due to ticket renewel and wane need to start turning up. Low crowds = low income, low income means no resources to spend.

On the game very tough match, we didnt fire on all cylinders and wakefield did everything to slow the game down.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I'm not wholly sure what you can read unto a match like this. It was an ugly game to get out of the way and we won, which was important.
It showed that Gildart is a class act, moving from left wing to right centre. Greenwood is gold dust. Hamlin will be a huge stand out next year. Escare is versatile and might just be a very handy winger as well as a full back or half. Isa struggles when he is moved to loose-forward and there are injury worries in SOL and Flower in particular.
The basics are there and a new coach will have lots of good things to work with.
I can't say I enjoyed watching Wakefield bur credit to Chris Chester who has got what is just about a workmanlike side playing well above what its potential. Could do well with a classier side.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Caboosegg wrote:Very poor attendence after what we saw last week didnt break the 10000 mark
Those with obligations fair play but those protesting due to ticket renewel and wane need to start turning up. Low crowds = low income, low income means no resources to spend.

On the game very tough match, we didnt fire on all cylinders and wakefield did everything to slow the game down.
Stop Thursday night games if you want a better attendance.
Now to the game, it’s unbelievable how better a team looks when you get the basic right. I only seen the first half but a few balls when to ground from bad passes and dropped balls
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

That was a very tough ugly win against a very big and inform Wakefield team! It was only last week that Wakefield did a number on inform Huddersfield, I thought then it would be a tough close game tonight.

Well done Wigan on a really good hard win.

Matt
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

mickw wrote:thaler let em slow the game right down and totally ignored the offside rules which turned the game into a dogfight ,a trully awful display from him.

We're desperate for a decent half back in games like that.
He's coming.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

After the Lord Mayors show I'll settle for that. What is wrong with SOL?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote:
Fan4Fifty wrote: It's Thursday at 7.45!
Can't make it this week. Wife has a meeting to go to and I have to pick my son up so not possible to get there on time (and she only told me this was happening about an hour ago so I am not happy!). If it had been Friday I'd have been there and I was looking forward to watching Greenwood now he has a few games under his belt :(

Hope we win and keep the momentum going from Saints.
Trust me you where lucky,dreadful game we all know at some point in the season you get a match like that,time seemed to be adding to the clock it was that bad,hard to pick a MOM really,my pick would have been the time keeper if he’d have fast forwarded the clock a few moments.

Crowd was awful,I’d be amazed if there was more than 7 thousand in there,but I’m poor at maths so no doubt there was more than that.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Who is coming?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
SJ

Post by SJ »

Listened to it on wish fm for half an hour. Game chronic. Commentary. Chronic. Waste of airtime. Game dead. Commentators helped to bury it.
SJ

Post by SJ »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:After the Lord Mayors show I'll settle for that. What is wrong with SOL?
If it's any help first try asking "What's right with him?" That should help :D

He's a good club player who is now past his sell by date. To hear talk of him in terms of man of steel if he's the barometer by which others are measured then that helps to explain. to me at least the Standard of our game. I know this comment will alienate me from most fans. If I'm not already considered so but I'm not being personal. There's no room for sentiment in pro sports. I'm sure when the SEAL team arrive a replacement captain will be a priority for them.