Huddersfield v Wigan Warriors

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Huddersfield v Wigan Warriors

Post by josie andrews »

Commenting on the fixture change, a Super League spokesperson said:

“With an exciting culmination to the Super 8s ahead and playoff spots still to be decided, Sky Sports have moved to broadcast games featuring all of the current top six sides as part of a tripleheader of action on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.”

https://warringtonwolves.com/saints-sup ... pPhvKwg.99
So this was decided before Super League & Sky knew the outcome of this weekends games!

That's two Thursday games on the bounce with Super League & Sky knowing full well it will lessen the attendance especially for travelling fans & affecting ticket sales for both clubs involved!

What a load of ????????????

This is will also create a definite boost to viewing figures for Sky IMO ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Seriously what excitement?

The top 4 is decided bar where they play in the semis but we know who will be there the real excitement is the middle 8s that’s where the edge of the seat stuff is,not another robotic game of SL between two sides who by then will b turning thoughts to the beach and the other trying to juggle the side with the semi final in mind.

Very doubtful we can go now,it’s irritated me no end,not financially but in terms of time,my wife taking a days holiday,my son booking a day off to look after our dog who’s still settling in it’s just not good enough,and it’s when things like this happen in the future it’ll be interesting to see if my wife in particular will take the time out to organise going to a game I just don’t know.

Going to the match is habit forming,you go without thinking to be honest,at least I do,but then the habit is broken and it becomes all to o easy to leave and start to miss games and then not bother going at all..time is precious and I’m love giving my time to see my team but if I start to feel that I’m being taken for granted it’s all too easy nowadays to find something else to do,the chairman have to stop this sort of thing happening,the proposed “loop” fixtures of next year will create the same problems who knows but they have to stop abusing fans loyalty and stand up to sky on our behalf.
SJ

Post by SJ »

If you seriously want something done about it STOP GOING! Lots of other things to do and as has its been pointed out once you break the habit the easier it gets !!
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Calmed down a bit from last night sorry for the rant but thanks for the support.

I get the feeling that our (all of you) support of the club is a one way thing at times and we are the the only ones that really care . My son who has only been to 2 home games this year (A lot more away) because of work commitments asked me only yesterday when I needed the money for his season ticket renewal . He will only get to 2 or 3 home games next year as well but wants to keep his seat and keep supporting the club (A one way thing it seems so at present).

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
pedro

Post by pedro »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:Calmed down a bit from last night sorry for the rant but thanks for the support.

I get the feeling that our (all of you) support of the club is a one way thing at times and we are the the only ones that really care . My son who has only been to 2 home games this year (A lot more away) because of work commitments asked me only yesterday when I needed the money for his season ticket renewal . He will only get to 2 or 3 home games next year as well but wants to keep his seat and keep supporting the club (A one way thing it seems so at present).

Regards EW
your right, but I feel the club cannot do anything as sky call the shots and pay the millions to the club so their hands are tied. These thursday games are killing clubs as money is being lost hand over fist but sky dont care as ther viewing goes up due to this.
SJ

Post by SJ »

pedro wrote:
EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:Calmed down a bit from last night sorry for the rant but thanks for the support.

Regards EW
your right, but I feel the club cannot do anything as sky call the shots and pay the millions to the club so their hands are tied. These thursday games are killing clubs as money is being lost hand over fist but sky dont care as ther viewing goes up due to this.

And there's the "rub" Peds. a vicious circle so to speak
AncientWarrior

Post by AncientWarrior »

It’s wrong to criticise Wigan Warriors or Ian Lenagan for this. When the current sky deal was agreed in 2014, Ian Lenagan stood alone in condemning both the amount of money (£200 million) and the length of time (5 years).

He has also gone on video expressing his opposition to Thursday night fixtures - obviously a contract term beneficial to sky.

Refusing to attend Wigan matches or not renewing season tickets hurts the club and in view of Lenagan’s previous stance, is totally unfair.
A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.

No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

SJ wrote:If you seriously want something done about it STOP GOING! Lots of other things to do and as has its been pointed out once you break the habit the easier it gets !!
That's the worst possible thing to do. The clubs lose revenue "through the gate" and therefore rely even more on Sky money which gives Sky even more power to do as they please.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

AncientWarrior wrote:It’s wrong to criticise Wigan Warriors or Ian Lenagan for this. When the current sky deal was agreed in 2014, Ian Lenagan stood alone in condemning both the amount of money (£200 million) and the length of time (5 years).

He has also gone on video expressing his opposition to Thursday night fixtures - obviously a contract term beneficial to sky.

Refusing to attend Wigan matches or not renewing season tickets hurts the club and in view of Lenagan’s previous stance, is totally unfair.
I don't blame Mr Lenegan or the club, he was adamant at the time but one voice can't change the outcome.

I will continue to buy my ST & go to all games home, away, academy & the women's games as long as I am physically able to do so ???? #WiganAlways ????????????⚪️
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

No straw damn us wrote:
SJ wrote:If you seriously want something done about it STOP GOING! Lots of other things to do and as has its been pointed out once you break the habit the easier it gets !!
That's the worst possible thing to do. The clubs lose revenue "through the gate" and therefore rely even more on Sky money which gives Sky even more power to do as they please.
This!