Huddersfield v Wigan Warriors

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Huddersfield v Wigan Warriors

Post by josie andrews »

AncientWarrior wrote:It’s wrong to criticise Wigan Warriors or Ian Lenagan for this. When the current sky deal was agreed in 2014, Ian Lenagan stood alone in condemning both the amount of money (£200 million) and the length of time (5 years).

He has also gone on video expressing his opposition to Thursday night fixtures - obviously a contract term beneficial to sky.

Refusing to attend Wigan matches or not renewing season tickets hurts the club and in view of Lenagan’s previous stance, is totally unfair.
????????????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

AncientWarrior wrote:It’s wrong to criticise Wigan Warriors or Ian Lenagan for this. When the current sky deal was agreed in 2014, Ian Lenagan stood alone in condemning both the amount of money (£200 million) and the length of time (5 years).

He has also gone on video expressing his opposition to Thursday night fixtures - obviously a contract term beneficial to sky.

Refusing to attend Wigan matches or not renewing season tickets hurts the club and in view of Lenagan’s previous stance, is totally unfair.
I have some sympathy with your view, AW, but I'm afraid that, in this day and age, you can't treat companies and big organisations as though they have human traits, deserving loyalty/respect/understanding etc.

The deal with Sky was signed by "the clubs" through the RFL. They benefit from Sky money, paid by you and me, the RL watching public.

The only way they listen to us is through "the bottom line".

IL said recently that he reads the forums. I suggest that, for the sake of the bottom line at "his" club, Wigan RLFC, and in the light of a deteriorating relationship between said club and fans, he should come on this forum and write to EW offering him flights and accommodation for Thursday along with a total refund of EW's losses. This would go some way to restoring the illusion of a club that cares about its fans.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

morley pie eater wrote:

I have some sympathy with your view, AW, but I'm afraid that, in this day and age, you can't treat companies and big organisations as though they have human traits, deserving loyalty/respect/understanding etc.

The deal with Sky was signed by "the clubs" through the RFL. They benefit from Sky money, paid by you and me, the RL watching public.

IL said recently that he reads the forums. I suggest that, for the sake of the bottom line at "his" club, Wigan RLFC, and in the light of a deteriorating relationship between said club and fans, he should come on this forum and write to EW offering him flights and accommodation for Thursday along with a total refund of EW's losses. This would go some way to restoring the illusion of a club that cares about its fans.
Morley, Mr Lenegan & Kris Radlinski do come on this site regularly & read posts they always want to keep in touch with the fans views & opinions good or bad ????
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Fixture Update: Huddersfield (a)

The date for Wigan Warriors’ round six Super 8s clash away to Huddersfield Giants at the John Smith’s Stadium has been changed to Thursday 20 September.
The game will now be televised on Sky Sports and will kick off at 7.45pm.

Season Ticket Holders and members using the Club coach to travel to the game will be entitled to FREE coach travel.

Secure your coach travel ticket when purchasing a match ticket from the DW Stadium Ticket Office.

How To Buy a ticket for Huddersfield Giants away

• In person via DW Stadium ticket office

• Online at www.eticketing.co.uk/wiganwarriors

• Ticket Hotline 01942 311111

https://wiganwarriors.com/news/2018-09- ... ersfield-a
AncientWarrior

Post by AncientWarrior »

An interesting article here about IL and the current contract:
http://www.totalrl.com/ins-outs-super-l ... w-tv-deal/
Sorry, don’t know how to fix it. Perhaps Josie can help.

There you go ???? - Josie
A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

SJ wrote:If you seriously want something done about it STOP GOING! Lots of other things to do and as has its been pointed out once you break the habit the easier it gets !!
Specially when you live 200 miles away and you don't go anyway! Seems abit of empty advice from you?
Don't forget to sneeze before you reply!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:Calmed down a bit from last night sorry for the rant but thanks for the support.

I get the feeling that our (all of you) support of the club is a one way thing at times and we are the the only ones that really care . My son who has only been to 2 home games this year (A lot more away) because of work commitments asked me only yesterday when I needed the money for his season ticket renewal . He will only get to 2 or 3 home games next year as well but wants to keep his seat and keep supporting the club (A one way thing it seems so at present).

Regards EW
I really feel sorry for you e w because you are are a true fan who because of the distance you have to travel make plans well in advance where we only travel down the road the changing of games simply to pacify sky is completely wrong but the rfle sold thére soles cheaply to sky only to have to dance to their tunes but SJ is totally wrong not going only hurts the club you clearly love with your dedication to travel there are things the club do that is not right but on this they have no control keep the faith as rfl incompetence can't go on much longer without being challenged
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I agree it's not IL' fault. He is opposed to the S8's because of the club can't plan commercially. I had an email last week advertising hospitality packages for the remaining home fixtures but that is as soon as the club could start offering them as they didn't know what the fixtures were going to be. Commercially that is all but unworkable.

EW's experience with a fixture change at such short notice though is not quite the same thing. If this had been a Thursday fixture from the off and set in stone as such at least he could have decided whether to attend and planned accordingly. The issue here is swapping fixtures at such short notice. The fact the RFL agreed a contract that allows this is the problem regardless of the league format.

So we need to bin the S8's so clubs can sell their games properly and well in advance and we need an end to short notice fixture changes.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

josie andrews wrote:
morley pie eater wrote:

Morley, Mr Lenegan & Kris Radlinski do come on this site regularly & read posts they always want to keep in touch with the fans views & opinions good or bad ????
Josie, it's not whether he reads it or not, but what he does about it. I'll give £10 towards EW's costs if he can make it on Thursday. Maybe other readers, INCLUDING KR and IL, would donate a similar proportion of their salary? (I'm a pensioner btw)
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

The lost money is disappointing but not the be all and end all . The main disappointment is us not going as a family . We don't often get the chance to go all together my kids (big kids now) work commitments usually prevent this. I retired last week so I will probably end up going probably against my better judgment as I have plenty time on my hands now . The casual attitude the RFL and Sky have towards the fans just isn't right. Thanks to NSDU (Brian) for calming me down lol.

Maybe I am just a GRUMPY OLD MAN . My kids say I am ha ha ha

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked