Walker

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Walker

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

WALKER TO BECOME A WARRIOR?

Post by josie andrews »

Young Danny Walker has been reportedly linked with a move across Lancashire to Wigan Warriors, after just two seasons with the Widnes Vikings.

Widnes’ young player of the year from 2017, Walker has a wealth of talent that will be scouted by several Super League clubs, given Widnes’ pending relegation.

Wigan are sitting pretty in second place in the Super League table but with big changes being made in the off-season, expect a big turnover in personnel. They have already been linked with a move for Salford’s Jackson Hastings, which would potentially include a Sam Powell move in the other direction, and with Thomas Leuluai nearing the end of his career, a replacement may soon be needed in the number 9 role.

Walker has been a shining star in a very dark sky for the Widnes club over the last year and at age 19, is standing up to test put in front of him, and would be an exciting signing for the Wigan club.

Obviously Wigan’s movements in the transfer window will be watched by all as they begin a new era under coaches Adrian Lam and Shaun Edwards, but surely this is one for Wigan fans to get excited about.

http://www.seriousaboutrl.com/walker-to ... ior-18151/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Re: Walker

Post by ancientnloyal »

Get him on board... young kid with a career ahead of him... love the Powell to salford bit too!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Agree he has massive potential great feet and balance seems to ghost through tackles.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

He certainly has a big future and I would be delighted to see him at Wigan.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Watched him against Halifax and have to say he was anonymous off the bench. Halifax hooker (Kaye I think it was) looked decent
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:Watched him against Halifax and have to say he was anonymous off the bench. Halifax hooker (Kaye I think it was) looked decent
. Easy to be anonymous in that display.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

jao 711 wrote:
wall_of_voodoo wrote:Watched him against Halifax and have to say he was anonymous off the bench. Halifax hooker (Kaye I think it was) looked decent
. Easy to be anonymous in that display.
And your point is?

It was speculated throughout that Widnes "should" hammer home their super league credentials and that the difference in wages should show through in terms of quality. Did it?

Even a player as highly rated as Walker should have stood out among some of the dross on show but he was on and off without a whimper. This is someone who would do better to stay at Widnes (regardless of them being relegated) and obtaining more first team experience/game time and form on the field rather than Academy reputation.

If they get promoted, he may move on himself as a shining light in their team. If they suck but he still stands out then he will move on for the right reasons. Moving at this stage means he will simply be a reserve at either Wigan, Warrington or wherever and stagnate
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
DaveyGolb

Post by DaveyGolb »

There's rumours that Matt Whitley may also be on the move from Widnes, either to us, Leeds or Cats.
He was dropped for the Leeds game after finding out about their interest, so believe they may be the more likely destination. But with us coming in a very close second.

This is if he moves at all, but I cant imagine a player like him staying at Widnes with their struggles
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

How can you be a close second in transfer dealings?
"Third in my choice of Club is Warrington Wolves, with 3 pros and 2 cons.
Second in my choice of Club is Wigan Warriors with 4 pros and 1 con, but the winning Club I'm going to play for with 5 pros is Leeds Rhinos! Well done Leeds :thum: "
:lol:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield