Ben flower

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Ben flower

Post by pedro »

best prop by a mile his defence is missed and makes good yards
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Sorry about the post as my husband posted it and he quite clearly does not have the same opinions as me as i do like Ben xxx
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

:) He's our best prop by a mile!

pedro

Post by pedro »

cherry.pie wrote:Now that we've established we all actually rate Ben Flower I'll just say there aren't many players around who are as effective as Flower in defence. Particularly the 'wrestling' aspect of winning contact. His control in the tackle is outstanding. Flower is probably the best at ensuring the opposition get a slow play the ball, yet it's done legally. He's only conceded 7 penalties in 23 SL games which for an important defender is very impressive.
His attack is massively underrated too. He knows what kind of run he needs to make to allow the playmakers to get the ball when and where they want it and that's something that often gets lost once the playmakers put on successful plays.
^this
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

In my opinion its been Ben's best season for a good while,Wigans best prop by far.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

I'm far from being a fan of Ben's but this season he's played well, recent seasons you'd have a point but not this one.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Suzieb wrote:Sorry about the post as my husband posted it and he quite clearly does not have the same opinions as me as i do like Ben xxx
put him in his place then suzie lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Suzieb wrote:Sorry about the post as my husband posted it and he quite clearly does not have the same opinions as me as i do like Ben xxx
If you like Ben so much could it be a jealousy thing with your husband? :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Ben is a good player and without him we are considerably weaker in my opinion.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

I saw Ben on sunday and he said he was having to go for a MRI this monday gone. He must be in pain because he could not let his little lad Daley sit on his shoulders he had to sit on my lads shoulders instead

Like most i would say we are a better team with him in it , he gives 100% whenever he is involved
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White