DW Stadium to host Academy U19s Grand Final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Academy U19s Grand Final confirmed for DW Stadium on Friday

U19s game vs Leeds Rhinos U19s to kick-off at 5.30pm ahead of First Team game at 7.45pm

Big night of Rugby League in store at the DW Stadium

Wigan Warriors U19s will play their Academy U19s Grand Final against Leeds Rhinos U19s at the DW Stadium this Friday, 5:30pm kick-off.

The game will be a curtain-raiser to the First Team fixture with Wigan set to host Hull FC in a final Super 8s game at 7.45pm.

Wigan Warriors Executive Director, Kris Radlinski: “Those who have followed our U19s side this season have seen an extremely talented and well-drilled side who deserve a large audience on the big stage. We are delighted to be able to host the Academy Grand Final before our clash with Hull FC on Friday in what promises to be a bumper evening of rugby league, and I’d like to thank the staff at the DW Stadium and Wigan Athletic FC Chairman David Sharpe and Chief Executive Jonathan Jackson for their help and cooperation throughout this process.”

Warriors Head of Youth, Matty Peet, said: “I know that Wigan fans will be keen to show their support and I’d urge anyone who can get down to the stadium a little earlier than usual to do so. This U19s side have performed superbly well all season, and we’re looking forward to facing Leeds Rhinos in front of our home faithful on Friday.”

This great double header of Rugby League action takes place at the DW Stadium on Friday 28th September, tickets are now on sale and start from £22 for adults, £16 for concessions with juniors from £10. Members are entitled to £2 off adult tickets and £1 off concession and junior tickets. Buy HERE

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2018 ... 8XwUgHH.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Green Machine

Re: DW Stadium to host Academy U19s Grand Final

Post by Green Machine »

Not really fair on the Leeds supporters. Would you really want to pay £22 to watch an academy final.
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

Green Machine wrote:Not really fair on the Leeds supporters. Would you really want to pay £22 to watch an academy final.
. True but we would have to do the same if the if the situation were reversed,and we had to sacrifice home advantage twice and play at Leeds. I remember their comments when the stadium plans didn’t include cover for the western terrace”who cares if the visitors get wet”.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

At least a potential bigger audience will get to see the younger lads play,always thought it a little odd that Wigan would try and use the dw 24 hours later to stage the given the cost involved.
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

Game to be shown live at Headingley before Rhinos game.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Green Machine wrote:Not really fair on the Leeds supporters. Would you really want to pay £22 to watch an academy final.
I understand your sentiments, but it was either Friday as a curtain raiser or forfeit home advantage..... again.

We've done that several times over the nine finals in eleven years!

I went to the game the last time we played Leeds in the GF after giving up home advantage.
George Williams was part of that winning team.

We also had to go to Hull for another re scheduled final & also played at Knowsley Road & Leigh Sports Village

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote:
I understand your sentiments, but it was either Friday as a curtain raiser or forfeit home advantage..... again.

We've done that several times over the nine finals in eleven years!

I went to the game the last time we played Leeds in the GF after giving up home advantage.
George Williams was part of that winning team.

We also had to go to Hull for another re scheduled final & also played at Knowsley Road & Leigh Sports Village
We don't set the rules. I suppose we have benefited from finishing in pole position.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
moto748

Post by moto748 »

They might learn something if they stick around! :lol:
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

moto748 wrote:
They might learn something if they stick around! :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards