Walker

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: Walker

Post by josie andrews »

ancientnloyal wrote:Get him on board... young kid with a career ahead of him... love the Powell to salford bit too!
Well that's obviously because you disregard Powell who was moved to 7 to accommodate Tommy at 9, when Powell himself prefers to play at 9!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Walker is a good young player but I'm not sure he's what we need.

I like Powell at 9. Next year if we have a spine of - Hardaker, Williams, Hastings, Lockers & Powell that would be superb. Sam P can and does do 80 mins at 9 giving the coach 2 interchanges to use in the pack and keep our forwards fresher than otherwise they would be.
Lam will be our coach and it is not too much to imagine he will get more out of Sam Powell than we've seen thus far with them both being half backs.
We could lose Williams, Tommy and Lockers in the next two years and we need a player who knows how our mid field works and can provide continuity through both the player and coaching changes.
Sam Powell should definately stay and at 9 to me.
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Rl mole suggesting walker about to sign for Warrington (he is rarely wrong)
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cumbria_warrior wrote:Rl mole suggesting walker about to sign for Warrington (he is rarely wrong)
Good luck to the lad. Wire are a buying team, their inability to produce a core of home-grown players does not give them any stability hence the reason they continue to offload players year on year. Having said that hooker is not the position they should be concentrating on.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
cumbria_warrior wrote:Rl mole suggesting walker about to sign for Warrington (he is rarely wrong)
Good luck to the lad. Wire are a buying team, their inability to produce a core of home-grown players does not give them any stability hence the reason they continue to offload players year on year. Having said that hooker is not the position they should be concentrating on.
When they do produce players such as George King they end up releasing them. Strange attitude to have that players brought in are always better than home grown players.

Still Walker will get a nice payday before fading into obscurity at wire
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

He’s a good prospect but surely Wigan have enough strength at hooker.