Hardaker: should Wigan release him now?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
old hooker

Re: Hardaker: should Wigan release him now?

Post by old hooker »

Whatever the club decide to do they will look foolish.Signing him in the first place knowing he has such a poor reputation, or keeping him after sacking Joel for his behaviour.I have no doubt ZH will cause more problems if retained and he should go.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
Wiganer Ted wrote:Not until he's been to court.
If he's found not guilty then nothing much should change.
Although if he's found guilty or admits guilt then everything will probably change.
Ted, Ted, Ted,

Zac was on his way to work (training at Wigan) and in the process driving a car past a police check point that would have flagged him up as "no insurance". Police stop him. Run a check and find out the car has no mot and probably because he smells of beer or is stumbling his words decide to breath test him and he fails that test. He will be tested again to see if the alcohol limit is rising or going down (to see if he has just consumed the alcohol) and at that point he is a drunk driver if he fails that second test

Zac cannot "plead" one way or another as this will not go to Crown Court etc so no jury to plea bargain with

He failed the breath test - yes
He had no insurance - yes
He had no mot - yes

So how can he claim he is somehow "not guilty" of anything?

Courts will NOT sentence him to jail, bans, fines and points (plus car taken off him). Possible sacking and a move to union next for him
According to the clubs statement Hardaker was stopped on Tuesday evening, not on his way to Wigan.
That doesn't absolve him from the offence though.

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2018 ... k-hardaker
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

old hooker wrote:Whatever the club decide to do they will look foolish.Signing him in the first place knowing he has such a poor reputation, or keeping him after sacking Joel for his behaviour.I have no doubt ZH will cause more problems if retained and he should go.
I think you’re right,whoever thought this was a good idea seriously needs to look at themselves and ask why did they go after a lad with so many issues.
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

The club should do just what they are doing.Wait and see.It’s no use going off half cocked when we don’t have all the facts.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

jao 711 wrote:The club should do just what they are doing.Wait and see.It’s no use going off half cocked when we don’t have all the facts.
On that I completely agree they will have the facts,the pitchforks may be sharp with the mob at the moment but I hope the club do the right thing for the club.
phild1

Post by phild1 »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Not until he's been to court.
If he's found not guilty then nothing much should change.
Although if he's found guilty or admits guilt then everything will probably change.
phild=what a waste of talent,he obviously doesn't want to change his way of life.Wigan isn't a rehab centre and if he's not going to meet the club half way he should go.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Is he even a Wigan player does he not start his contract until November how can you sack a none contracted player?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

jaws1 wrote:Is he even a Wigan player does he not start his contract until November how can you sack a none contracted player?
Well there is that I suppose
Warrior Gilfedder

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

Get rid ASAP the guy is a tumour on our once great sport