Tautai

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Tautai

Post by pedro »

cherry.pie wrote:For me it's not that Tautai is always our worst player or that he offers nothing at all. He's a step up from FPN at least. In some games he's made some really good carries and created tries with some clever offloads and he's the only prop in our first team who is really capable of that.

The problem is that he seems to be playing so far below what he's capable of. He's only really had a spell of about 2 months at the beginning of last year where he really played to his potential. He's capable of being a really dangerous runner, of having a high work rate in both attack and defence and being incredibly creative from offloads. For whatever reason we've just not seen that.

At times Tautai has been a bit of a liability. It's a shame because he's capable of being our most effective prop forward but is currently nowhere near. Maybe he's been struggling with an injury as often we don't hear what players are playing through games with.

Tautai and Hamlin are probably the most at risk from the return of Flower, O'Loughlin and Farrell. Some tough decisions ahead but I'd still pick Hamlin ahead of Tautai.

If everyone remains fit and players expected to return do so then there's going to be one hell of a selection dilemma for Shaun Wane. Trying to fit Greenwood, Farrell and Bateman into the back row when all 3 are 80 minute players with high work rate.

There may even be an argument for moving Bateman back to the right centre position. Or, despite playing really well of late, Escare could find his position on the bench filled by a forward.

Great problems to have!

nowhere near
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

As for Powell, yes he had a good tackling game at Huddersfield. But which of these would you not swap him for.

Roby
Clark
McShane
Mickey Mac
Houghton
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Been told he is on his way to Warrington
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Thought he was ok last night,maybe a move would be right for him though
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

If the subs rumours are true then shipping him out is the right thing to do.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

71 tackles at Huddersfield
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

mickh wrote:Yes it does, WW, Barney opened up the thread regarding Tautai, at least have the respect to follow it. Don't take the lazy way out and be a sheep to follow an unrelated stream.

Mick
So sorry for not sticking to the rules!
Furthermore, if you choose to walk the straight and narrow and be a boring fart, don't expect me to lazily follow like a sheep!!:)
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ddtftf wrote:71 tackles at Huddersfield
Who, Powell or Tautai? :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

mickw wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
ddtftf wrote:71 tackles at Huddersfield
Who, Powell or Tautai? :)
don't think its tautai josie do you!
???????? I actually don't know why I even asked that ????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote:
mickw wrote:
josie andrews wrote: Who, Powell or Tautai? :)
don't think its tautai josie do you!
???????? I actually don't know why I even asked that ????????
Come clean Josie, where you tipsy off the sherry?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards