Who Will Miss Out? Wigan Squad for Semi Final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Re: Who Will Miss Out? Wigan Squad for Semi Final

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Hamlin and TT (if Flower fit). I worry that Wane might revert to type and have 4 forwards on the bench and take Cas on upfront instead of playing round them

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Tautai and faz imo
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Re: Who Will Miss Out?

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:I wonder if Flower is fully fit he certainly won’t be match fit that’s for sure for this game I’m not sure I’d risk him,Lockers plays purely for his almost supernatural presence on the team,Morgan should as well he offers far more coming off the bench than at fullback and looks a real handful so it’s between Faz and Hamlin who misses out on the 17 for me if Flower isn’t fully fit
Flower has not been fit for months but he is integral to our success.
Oh you won’t find me arguing that point but can wigan really risk him in such a big game?

I’m not so sure tbh
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

the problem is if they want to play in the final, then they need to play tomorrow. I was surprised to see Flowers name in the squad. It would be a shame to leave Hamlin out just to see if Flower could be ready for next week.

I really hope Wane doesn't do something stupid to keep his pals happy and it backfires. Escare should be on the bench to mix things up if were struggling, but I can see him going with Flower, Sutton, Faz and either TT or Hamlin.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

If is so difficult, but I think you could have different teams for games against Cas and Saints. Cas are capable of cutting loose and so I think we need escare. I would stand down Tautai and then weigh up Fas against Hamlin. I would go with Faz as he knows what is needed to get the job done and is less likely to make an error.

If we win and play Saints I would be very tempted to have Hamlin in ahead of escare as we can beat them by crushing their pack for 80 (and getting big men running at their little men).
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

There also the possibility of picking up injuries tomorrow, and changes being enforced on Wane.

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

fozzieskem wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:I wonder if Flower is fully fit he certainly won’t be match fit that’s for sure for this game I’m not sure I’d risk him,Lockers plays purely for his almost supernatural presence on the team,Morgan should as well he offers far more coming off the bench than at fullback and looks a real handful so it’s between Faz and Hamlin who misses out on the 17 for me if Flower isn’t fully fit
Flower has not been fit for months but he is integral to our success.
Oh you won’t find me arguing that point but can wigan really risk him in such a big game?

I’m not so sure tbh
If 75% fit he plays for me.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
bertina

Post by bertina »

fozzieskem wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: Flower has not been fit for months but he is integral to our success.

I’m not so sure tbh
And me. Flower 75% fit is better than Tautai.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

bertina wrote:
fozzieskem wrote: Oh you won’t find me arguing that point but can wigan really risk him in such a big game?

I’m not so sure tbh
And me. Flower 75% fit is better than Tautai.
Don't think there are many who'd argue with you on that one.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Good side out tonight, best team we’ve got.
Farrell will be good coming off the bench