Wigan vs cas

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
yokozuna

Re: Wigan vs cas

Post by yokozuna »

Gildart was exceptional at times,with blistering pace in his defensive work. Outstanding.

Tommy and Sam were the standout players for me though.

Farrell had a fine game, maybe not as outstanding as his usual brilliant self,but easily good enough to be in the 17.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Gale was a weasel.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

ian.birchall wrote:An outstanding team defensive performance bur Farrell and SOL are way off match fitness.
We need SOL next week for his leadership but a lot if hard thinking needs to be done about putting Farrell on the teamsheet next week.
No sign of Gildart on Skys MOTM panel but I thought he killed the left edge Cas threat from Shenton and Eden stone dead and I saw no sign of his foot in touch before he raced away to score, Thaler normally has every decision referred to the video judge, why not this try??

The Cas player was in touch before he released the ball
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

yokozuna wrote:Gale was a weasel.
His "tackling" technique was odd and dangerous tonight - he seems to be throwing his shoulder forward and then letting a loose arm follow - hard to describe.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Manfredi was also incredible considering he's played something like three games in two years?

What a boost it is having him back.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

yokozuna wrote:No one had a bad game in the cherry and white. Brilliant team performance.
Fair one, defense awesome, we seemed to be spotting most moves in plenty of time and snuffing them out. Gildart awesome, appearing from nowhere to put in great tackles.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

I bet Shenton asked for Gildart's autograph after that game.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Shaun1967 wrote:I bet Shenton asked for Gildart's autograph after that game.
From Gildart's pocket.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

yokozuna wrote:
Shaun1967 wrote:I bet Shenton asked for Gildart's autograph after that game.
From Gildart's pocket.
:lol: :lol:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Manfredi and Navarette!

Ben Flower is still recovering from his break!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame