Wigan vs cas

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Wigan vs cas

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Wormburner wrote:WoW, How awful was Lockers tonight, Nearly gifted Cas 2 tries, Time to hang your boots up fella
Your constant deriding of Lockers, either as your current alter ego or as Medlocke, Warrior Gilfedder or Whiffy Kipper(RL fans) is pointless and mind boggling.
Ffs we've just got to a GF and I suspect most supporters, like me, will enjoy the moment?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Yes SOL had a bad game and Greenwood was quite but we beat them easily.Its a pity our attack isn't as ruthless as the defence
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Wormburner wrote:WoW, How awful was Lockers tonight, Nearly gifted Cas 2 tries, Time to hang your boots up fella
Your constant deriding of Lockers, either as your current alter ego or as Medlocke, Warrior Gilfedder or Whiffy Kipper(RL fans) is pointless and mind boggling.
Ffs we've just got to a GF and I suspect most supporters, like me, will enjoy the moment?
I am also called The Whiffy Box Sniffer on Youtube & Velvet Jones on Knitting Paradise
:thum: :thum: :thum: :thum:
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Wormburner wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:
I am also called The Whiffy Box Sniffer on Youtube & Velvet Jones on Knitting Paradise
I can think of much better names to call you and certainly Wigan Warriors supporter is not one of them!
Quite why you need to have multiple sign ons gives only one thing away.
:lol:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Wormburner wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote: Your constant deriding of Lockers, either as your current alter ego or as Medlocke, Warrior Gilfedder or Whiffy Kipper(RL fans) is pointless and mind boggling.
I can think of much better names to call you and certainly Wigan Warriors supporter is not one of them!
Quite why you need to have multiple sign ons gives only one thing away.
:lol:
that he keeps forgetting his passwords???
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
BriH

Post by BriH »

josie andrews wrote:
Barney841 wrote:Cas are definitely bottlers of super league. Normal season they kill it and are very fluent, but when it gets to the knockout stages their arse falls out.
It’s a shame as they are a decent team, except from wardle. He is overrated
As is Gale & McShane who was offside all night, & they are both dirty sh**s

I hate Castleford with a passion! In fact I think they’ve overtook Leeds in my hate department ????
Leeds still No 1 in my Hate League! But I was shocked at Luke Gale in particular with his smirky grin on his face as he tried to decapitate Dom Manfredi. Should have been sin binned + A N Other.
Second Row

Post by Second Row »

Children, children get back to the performance. This was classic cup rugby from Wigan as a whole and a game strategy that would have beaten most on the night.
Some outstanding performances but to say that SOL had a bad game is rubbish ,yes Greenwood was quiet but do remember he came off early last week after a heavy bang and I for one felt he was playing still under the influence of that. Do not lose sight of the fact that this was a tremendous performance against the entertainers who were not allowed to perform.
Zakooo

Post by Zakooo »

That was perfect semi-final rugby, you don’t win semis with fancy rugby.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Castleford actually (despite Eddie's comments to the contrary) never hit the heights of last season form wise.

If memory serves me right, they barely won their first ten games or so by more than 6 points. Poor cohesion, disjointed attack and some really poor dropped possession let them down

Not forgetting Wigan's absolutely brutal defense - where this game was won.

Castleford's tactics seemed pretty low to me if I'm honest. Should have been at least 10 minutes for the head shot by Gale and would have been in every other round of the season. I thought it worked against him as he seemed scared of taking our line on and was very ineffective with the boot (obviously watching out for retribution)

Standing offside all day was a definite tactic, full back in the line too and it worked in that we struggled to find the gaps.

I was and remain worried that had Castleford played their sets out and actually posed a threat how the forwards would have coped with Farrell,Flower AND Lockers having played so very few minutes.

It imo is a mistake and we need Hamlin on the bench and one of the above back rowers to miss out for me. Have a feeling that it will Escare though as he only seems to come on for the last 5 minutes or so at the moment

I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Probably the most complete performance of the season.
Shenton, who I both like and rate as a player, can rarely have been so comprehensively stifled as he was last night. That new right-side of Dom, Olly, Batman(!) and Tommy has been a revelation.
I'm not particularly worried about Cas but they came with one plan and that was to attack our right-side and when that didn't work, they couldn't come up with a Plan B. I thought Gale was a disgrace and how he stayed on the pitch was baffling. He could have had a red for his assault on Dom; certainly a yellow for his offside tackle which was a 'professional' foul and another yellow under the totting-up procedures for his repeated foul play. I thought Thaler, who had a mixed night (generally reasonable) bottled it badly when called on to sort Cas out.
That was really heartening to watch and although we'll miss the guys who are leaving, it puts us in a good state for next Saturday.