Toronto v London

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ancientnloyal

Toronto v London

Post by ancientnloyal »

Who will it be? 0-2 at the mo.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Re: Toronto v London

Post by josie andrews »

I would like London to win, only because they dropped out of SL & have since worked hard to get a team of mainly English & local players, also because they have an U19's & a reserve side. Although their ground will need to be sorted out they do a lot in the community to raise the profile, (even though it's very hard 'dahn sarf') of rugby league & the local clubs.

Plus I used to like the weekend trip to London with all the fans ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

4-2

Spencer’s hit on Bob Beswick though! :eusa5:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Unfortunately I think this was the wrong result right now. Although congrats to Broncos for over performing.

My best case scenario was Toronto getting automatic promotion and London or Toulouse coming up too. I reckon Toronto will be up next year because it's easier to win the championship than to come up throufh the qualifiers. But I also think London will be back down.

London aren't ready for SL off the field yet. They have a 3000 capacity "community" staduim where most just stand round the edge of the pitch. They would not have met that criteria for franchising. How ever they are definitely producing they're own players and that been going on long enough for several to have impacted SL.

The main probem is the old one we've not addressed yet. How are they going to recruit and strengthen for next year now all the players have been signed? They'll have a higher salary cap but noone to sign with it. How are they not just going to go down?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote:Unfortunately I think this was the wrong result right now. Although congrats to Broncos for over performing.

My best case scenario was Toronto getting automatic promotion and London or Toulouse coming up too. I reckon Toronto will be up next year because it's easier to win the championship than to come up throufh the qualifiers. But I also think London will be back down.

London aren't ready for SL off the field yet. They have a 3000 capacity "community" staduim where most just stand round the edge of the pitch. They would not have met that criteria for franchising. How ever they are definitely producing they're own players and that been going on long enough for several to have impacted SL.

The main probem is the old one we've not addressed yet. How are they going to recruit and strengthen for next year now all the players have been signed? They'll have a higher salary cap but noone to sign with it. How are they not just going to go down?
I've just said that Mike, that I would have liked those three to come up. I'm not looking forward to the 'loop fixtures' next season where we we will probably have three Derbys ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pedro

Post by pedro »

London 3 times please....them 2 teams were terrible today
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Never understood how the head honchos tried selling the loop fixtures,terrible idea and one that won’t bring the crowds back.

As for the game I was out didn’t see it but watching on sky neither side are really ready for SL,the Wolfpack play terrible rugby for all their money,and I suspect that if their owner does get his dream he will spend and buy players that’ll make the other 11 chairman’s heads spin,Broncos will go back down sadly

Neither have a stadium worthy of the name but then again nor do Cas or Wakey
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I’m glad it’s London that won.
I think the idea of a team based in Canada is a joke. If Toronto have had money to get them this far from RFL it’s awful. They should concentrate on teams in England as teams have struggled, just look at featherstone and Leigh
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I hope part of the terms for london going up is a suitable stadium.
Standing next to the carpark isnt something i would travel down from Atherton to do.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Barney841 wrote:I’m glad it’s London that won.
I think the idea of a team based in Canada is a joke. If Toronto have had money to get them this far from RFL it’s awful. They should concentrate on teams in England as teams have struggled, just look at featherstone and Leigh
Huh? That's a pretty ill informed post to put out there . "I don't know anything about this but I'm disgusted!" :lol:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆