Jackson Hastings

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Firestarter

Re: Jackson Hastings

Post by Firestarter »

DaveO wrote:The best half back the club has signed in recent years has been Blake Green. We got him off HKR. Now apparently we tried to sign another Aussie half back of another SL club in Hastings.

Can't we find our own Aussie half backs or is our scouting so poor they have to be shoved under the clubs nose having been found by others?
davo ive been saying same thing for ages.....michael dobson another prime example
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Will Lam not come up trumps and sign a 7 from down under ????
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

jaws1 wrote:Will Lam not come up trumps and sign a 7 from down under ????
Not for a salary of £120k.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
That 120k value is what it would cost on the salary cap do we not have a marquee spot with Tomkins leaving? we can pay above that.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I've heard that Wigan approached Hastings and offered him a contract. Hastings agreed to join Wigan. Wigan then contacted Lam who told them he was bringing his lad over next year, but when he goes back home for 2020 his lad will probably go with him. Wigan then contacted Edwards who said sign him for me.

So Wigan went back with a 3 year contract from 2020 and told Hastings to sign a one year deal somewhere. Next thing is he's signed for another 12 months with Salford.

I heard this in the Jaw Bone last Friday... :lol: :lol:
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

jaws1 wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
That 120k value is what it would cost on the salary cap do we not have a marquee spot with Tomkins leaving? we can pay above that.
We can but the minimum cost would be £150k against the cap so we have got to find more savings.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Firestarter wrote:
DaveO wrote:The best half back the club has signed in recent years has been Blake Green. We got him off HKR. Now apparently we tried to sign another Aussie half back of another SL club in Hastings.

Can't we find our own Aussie half backs or is our scouting so poor they have to be shoved under the clubs nose having been found by others?
davo ive been saying same thing for ages.....michael dobson another prime example
Wire have signed Austin for next year. I bet we didn't even know he was available.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

First Try Tickle wrote:I've heard that Wigan approached Hastings and offered him a contract. Hastings agreed to join Wigan. Wigan then contacted Lam who told them he was bringing his lad over next year, but when he goes back home for 2020 his lad will probably go with him. Wigan then contacted Edwards who said sign him for me.

So Wigan went back with a 3 year contract from 2020 and told Hastings to sign a one year deal somewhere. Next thing is he's signed for another 12 months with Salford.

Seems strange as I thought Lam's son had signed to stay at his existing club in the NRL.
pedro

Post by pedro »

DaveO wrote:
Firestarter wrote:

Wire have signed Austin for next year. I bet we didn't even know he was available.
I hope we did as I did
pedro

Post by pedro »

DaveO wrote:
First Try Tickle wrote:I've heard that Wigan approached Hastings and offered him a contract. Hastings agreed to join Wigan. Wigan then contacted Lam who told them he was bringing his lad over next year, but when he goes back home for 2020 his lad will probably go with him. Wigan then contacted Edwards who said sign him for me.

Seems strange as I thought Lam's son had signed to stay at his existing club in the NRL.
yeah Roosters wouldnt release him