Latics sell off

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
ddtftf

Re: Latics sell off

Post by ddtftf »

I always thought that Wigan Council had a stake in the stadium ??
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

ddtftf wrote:I always thought that Wigan Council had a stake in the stadium ??

They do and are also the land owners I think they have an 8% stake
JeffB88

Post by JeffB88 »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
ancientnloyal wrote:Why would anyone buy wigan Athletic? On a serious note, why?
As a plaything!
IEC are listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and have an obligation to shareholders. That’s not to say individuals behind IEC can’t invest personally. But the already published purchasing document shows they have extensive plans to increase the commercial viability of Latics and it’s facilities.

There’s untapped potential in such areas that Whelan wasn’t particularly interested in. Or if he was, these things require 5-10 year business plans, something Whelan wasn’t prepared to commit to given his intention to sell. Anyone who’s looked around the stadium in recent years can see only bare minimum maintenance has been carried out. It’s now someway behind the standards expected in terms of maximising commercial opportunities and fan facilities.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jaws1 wrote:Looking through the 126 page document this
Wigan Warriors Rugby Football League Club is a valuable tenant. They pay a stadium hire fee of 10% of their match ticket revenues to the Stadium. There is a risk that should Wigan Warriors Rugby Football League Club struggle commercially, then this will have an impact on the commercial performance of the Target Group. Another significant risk would be the loss of this tenant on a permanent basis. The Target Group will enhance its hospitality business such as catering and holding events in the Stadium to generate additional income to diversify the risk of losing such tenant
When are they going to run these events? The stadium is in just about constant use all year round already with Wigan RL in the summer and Latics in the winter (basically).

You can't just erect a stage for a band to play a concert overnight for example. They take days to erect and in any case usually there will be several gigs over a few days to make it a worthwhile commercial operation.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

The logical choice would be Bolton Wanderers. Bigger stadium, better stadium, bigger club, more support, better infrastructure and has won awards for hosting events on a weekly basis. I still cannot see logic in wanting to own Latics as a comparison.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

DaveO wrote:
jaws1 wrote:Looking through the 126 page document this
Wigan Warriors Rugby Football League Club is a valuable tenant. They pay a stadium hire fee of 10% of their match ticket revenues to the Stadium. There is a risk that should Wigan Warriors Rugby Football League Club struggle commercially, then this will have an impact on the commercial performance of the Target Group. Another significant risk would be the loss of this tenant on a permanent basis. The Target Group will enhance its hospitality business such as catering and holding events in the Stadium to generate additional income to diversify the risk of losing such tenant

When are they going to run these events? The stadium is in just about constant use all year round already with Wigan RL in the summer and Latics in the winter (basically).

You can't just erect a stage for a band to play a concert overnight for example. They take days to erect and in any case usually there will be several gigs over a few days to make it a worthwhile commercial operation.
Maybe that's what the month away from the DW is for. They pretend to be laying another new pitch, but really having a month of concerts. Might even get the Spice Girls down.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

ancientnloyal wrote:The logical choice would be Bolton Wanderers. Bigger stadium, better stadium, bigger club, more support, better infrastructure and has won awards for hosting events on a weekly basis. I still cannot see logic in wanting to own Latics as a comparison.

Who owns the Macron, then?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

First Try Tickle wrote: Might even get the Spice Girls down.
Reminds me of a warning post I saw on FB the other day:

"If you receive an email with a link offering Spice Girls World Tour tickets, DO NOT CLICK ON IT!

If you do, it takes you to a site selling Spice Girls World Tour tickets..."
pedro

Post by pedro »

moto748 wrote:
ancientnloyal wrote:The logical choice would be Bolton Wanderers. Bigger stadium, better stadium, bigger club, more support, better infrastructure and has won awards for hosting events on a weekly basis. I still cannot see logic in wanting to own Latics as a comparison.

bolton
moto748

Post by moto748 »

pedro wrote:
moto748 wrote:

bolton
Bolton Wanderers? Not the council?