Tommy Makinson claims Golden Boot

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
jobo

Re: Tommy Makinson claims Golden Boot

Post by jobo »

Wintergreen wrote:Worlds best player? :lol1: :lol1:
The criteria for the award is based on international performances this year. I'd say Tommy thoroughly deserves the tribute.
jobo

Post by jobo »

medlocke wrote:I see comments are being deleted again because a certain person doesn't like the truth being told about her favourite player
Moderators prerogative. ????????
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jobo wrote:
medlocke wrote:I see comments are being deleted again because a certain person doesn't like the truth being told about her favourite player
They are not comments, just snide remarks, about a player. I have deleted about other players as well. And BTW I have several favourite players!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote:
jobo wrote:
They are not comments, just snide remarks, about a player. I have deleted about other players as well. And BTW I have several favourite players!
It was a comment aimed at a certain person (not you) that claimed the said player was central to that first win
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

josie andrews wrote:Former Australia Test star and ex-Golden Boot judge Greg Alexander slams award’s new criteria after shock result

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/former ... a2f366b48e

Tommy who? Fittler fumes over 'ridiculous' Golden Boot choice

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/11/08/tom ... ot-choice/

I do not know if they are right or typical Aussie sour grapes
Both.

It should be awarded to the player that hs preformed the best in all comps
But as the people moaning are very unlikely to even bother watching english club rugby of course they will no know who he is.

I remember the roosters game where despite two years of Charnley ripping up superleague and scoring trys for fun the commentators where shocked by his speed and ability to find a gap.

They should just go
Golden boot (NRL only)
Man of Steel ( SL only )
International player of year (both)

Then the Aussies can have their precious award to themselves.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I thought the golden boot was always for international player of the year. Aussies haven't played many internationals and haven't done well in the games they did play. We've played 3 with NZ and won each, so it would seem logical to go to our best performer, based on those 3 matches.

Its just the media calling it best player in the world, not the sport.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐