Magic Weekend fixtures

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Magic

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

moto748 wrote:At the risk of stating the obvious, it's closer than Newcastle for most fans in the heartlands?
That's true but if the RFL wanted to attract bigger numbers then Wigan could play Wire at home and Saints could play Cas at home etc., so I don't think it is down to attendances.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Nezza Faz

Re: Magic Weekend fixtures

Post by Nezza Faz »

I would think money talks so they obviously offered a great deal, especially to take it away from Newcastle.
Hopefully they'll make a good profit and use the proceeds wisely.

Anfield was a great occasion with an excellent atmosphere for the England game. There's also a good amount of space around the perimeter so they should be able to put on a good Fanzone.
Wiganer Ted

Re: Magic

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Why aren't we playing a team we haven't played before?
We played them six times last season how many are the RFL going for in 2019?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:On another matter, why is this being staged at Anfield? I thought the concept of Magic was to spread the gospel?
Been asking the same question mate.

For me the thought of going to Anfield and sitting in those god awful seats again to watch yet another game against Wire doesn't fill me with the joys..its gone from an absolute must go to event to one my wife doesn't want to go to.

Newcastle was a perfect venue, easy access for the town centre and all,to being outside of town at Anfield,they did a good job the other week fair enough but being stuck there for three games isn't going to happen for me, and as to me at least is the whole point of the magic weekend to see all three games.

As I say its up to my wife if we go I suspect we will give this one a miss this year though.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Just as a matter of interest . How do foot soldiers get back to Lime Street Station .Do they put on extra buses after the match to the city centre.

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:Just as a matter of interest . How do foot soldiers get back to Lime Street Station .Do they put on extra buses after the match to the city centre.

Regards EW
You walk back, its approx. 2.5 miles.

This is the biggest problem with Anfield, the transport links from the centre are almost non existence. You can get the underground, but this is still a mile away from the ground.

I think this is one reason the RFL want it at Anfield, as more fans will use the fan zones and more money goes either to the RFL or to Liverpool who at us to go. My experience of fan zones is awful, not enough room, not enough bars and expensive.

The best thing is its in May, so weather should be ok and as its only about 20 miles I can go on my bike.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

And some of the drivers coming away from Anfield last week were bloody lunatics! My head was on a bloody swivel ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

It also looks like it's the Liverpool rock n roll marathon on the Sunday, which goes past Anfield, which means road closures etc.

Matt
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

For the Test match there were shuttle buses from the city centre, around Lime Street, whilst some friends had the shuttle bus to Sandhills Train Stn, which has trains going to Southport. Said was excellent and ran for over an hour and a half after the game.
Southport would also be a top option for cheaper hotel accommodation and is only 20-odd minutes by train.