Shaun Johnson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Firestarter

Re: Shaun Johnson

Post by Firestarter »

Didnt merrin play origin last time?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Merrin is a that much of a Journeyman that he has only played for 2 clubs before Leeds which where St George (134 games) and Penrith (70 games), Has also played 13 times for NSW and 7 for Australia, Glad we never signed him
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

moto748 wrote:For a start Shaun Johnson is in a different league to Merrin and Hurrell. Merrin in an NRL journeyman, past his best, and Hurrell is in the 'barely good enough for the NRL' category. Johnson, on the other hand is one of the best players in the world, and a genuine superstar.
I

Merrin journeyman? Check his record.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Leeds sign Konrad Hurrell and Trent Merrin

2 excellent players so why not Wigan sign Johnson

Kiwis have done very well at Wigan in the past and quite frankly if Super League is now in Charge of its own destiny then this wouldnt be as hair brained as it sounds to get the bums on seats and a buzz around the game
More chance of signing Boris Johnson.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

old hooker wrote:
TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Leeds sign Konrad Hurrell and Trent Merrin

2 excellent players so why not Wigan sign Johnson

Kiwis have done very well at Wigan in the past and quite frankly if Super League is now in Charge of its own destiny then this wouldnt be as hair brained as it sounds to get the bums on seats and a buzz around the game
More chance of signing Boris Johnson.
Top tackler
moto748

Post by moto748 »

old hooker wrote:
moto748 wrote:For a start Shaun Johnson is in a different league to Merrin and Hurrell. Merrin in an NRL journeyman, past his best, and Hurrell is in the 'barely good enough for the NRL' category. Johnson, on the other hand is one of the best players in the world, and a genuine superstar.
I

He's had a good career, but right now that's what he is.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

moto748 wrote:
old hooker wrote:
I

He's had a good career, but right now that's what he is.
journeyman is a sportsman who is technically competent but unable to excel. The term is used in Britain and Australia to refer to a professional sportsman who plays for a large number of different clubs during their career.

3 is not a large number

Doesn't sound like a journeyman to me
oval balls

Post by oval balls »

Shaun Johnson is exploring his options for the future after being told he would not be offered a fresh deal at New Zealand Warriors beyond 2019.

The New Zealand international his current situation on Facebook on Monday, and confirmed that he had been told by the Auckland-based club that it is likely that he won’t be offered a new deal.

Johnson is set to attract a lot of interest from rival NRL clubs and even Super League for 2020.

“I thought it’s best I clear a couple things up regarding my situation at this stage with the Warriors,” Johnson posted.

“Firstly, there is no contract for me to sign past 2019

“Secondly, if you saw the article that we came out a few weeks back… they said they are in no rush to re-sign me. Since then, they have told me again at this stage they won’t be offering me anything.

“That means I get to spread my wings and what’s out there so right now that’s what I’m doing.

“All of you know you how much the Warriors mean to me and how grateful I am for the opportunity they have given me to live my dreams and play the sport I love.

“Hope that clears up any confusion, tell ya friends so I stop getting asked the same questions. Will keep you posted with what happens next.”

Johnson, who has played over 160 games for the Warriors since making his debut in 2011, has earned 29 caps at international level for New Zealand.
wigans turning blue- my arse

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

oval balls wrote:Shaun Johnson is exploring his options for the future after being told he would not be offered a fresh deal at New Zealand Warriors beyond 2019.

The New Zealand international his current situation on Facebook on Monday, and confirmed that he had been told by the Auckland-based club that it is likely that he won’t be offered a new deal.

Johnson is set to attract a lot of interest from rival NRL clubs and even Super League for 2020.

“I thought it’s best I clear a couple things up regarding my situation at this stage with the Warriors,” Johnson posted.

“Firstly, there is no contract for me to sign past 2019

“Secondly, if you saw the article that we came out a few weeks back… they said they are in no rush to re-sign me. Since then, they have told me again at this stage they won’t be offering me anything.

“That means I get to spread my wings and what’s out there so right now that’s what I’m doing.

“All of you know you how much the Warriors mean to me and how grateful I am for the opportunity they have given me to live my dreams and play the sport I love.

“Hope that clears up any confusion, tell ya friends so I stop getting asked the same questions. Will keep you posted with what happens next.”

Johnson, who has played over 160 games for the Warriors since making his debut in 2011, has earned 29 caps at international level for New Zealand.
Can you post the link to this post please ???? Thanks
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Merrin Journey man ?

You don't give 4 year deals to journey men.
Wonder if he will see the 4 years out though?