Zak Hardaker back on board at Wigan Warriors... and here’s why Adrian Lam is excited

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Zak Hardaker back on board at Wigan Warriors... and here’s why...

Post by Wandering Warrior »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
medlocke wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Without Sam last season we don’t win a GF it’s that simple!
I thought it was Lockers amazing pass that won us the final?
Who said that?
We all know Medlocke's qualifications to comment on Wigan RL players! :lol:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
medlocke wrote:I thought it was Lockers amazing pass that won us the final?
Who said that?
Same as anyone else's on here
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
medlocke wrote:I thought it was Lockers amazing pass that won us the final?
Who said that?
And what are your qualifications?
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

old hooker wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Who said that?
I go and watch and don't slag players off who clearly have significant contributions to make.
Furthermore I don't promote non purchase of season tickets or otherwise by other supporters on here. Clearly the person is a troll and noy a fan and as such will reap the contempt deserved.
Merry Christmas by the way! :lol:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
old hooker wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote: We all know Medlocke's qualifications to comment on Wigan RL players! :lol:
I go and watch and don't slag players off who clearly have significant contributions to make.
Furthermore I don't promote non purchase of season tickets or otherwise by other supporters on here. Clearly the person is a troll and noy a fan and as such will reap the contempt deserved.
You truly are a grade A knob, Merry Christmas by the way
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
old hooker wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote: We all know Medlocke's qualifications to comment on Wigan RL players! :lol:

I will treat no one on here with contempt. And cant see where it is deserved anyway. They have opinions and are entitled to express them. Although over the top sometimes meds does have some fair points at times. Not going to games does not mean you not a fan or a troll. Supporting your team is another matter. There are many on here that don't attend games for various reasons ie logistics of where they live and financial reasons. That does not imo make them love the club less or more than I do. Tis the season to be jolly and goodwill to all.:D :D
AncientWarrior

Post by AncientWarrior »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:
old hooker wrote: And what are your qualifications?

I will treat no one on here with contempt. And cant see where it is deserved anyway. They have opinions and are entitled to express them. Although over the top sometimes meds does have some fair points at times. Not going to games does not mean you not a fan or a troll. Supporting your team is another matter. There are many on here that don't attend games for various reasons ie logistics of where they live and financial reasons. That does not imo make them love the club less or more than I do. Tis the season to be jolly and goodwill to all.:D :D
Sorry for the profusion of posts, Josie, but this sequence just shows what it is to be a Wigan supporter.

People having a go at each other about really, bugger all, but with the common ideal of a successful Wigan Warriors. I don’t care if anyone ever disagrees with me or even if they slag me off as long as we all retain the passion of Wigan.

Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy (and very successful) New Year.
A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.

TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
Nezza Faz wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Without Sam last season we don’t win a GF it’s that simple!

Yeah agree, most likely wouldn't have got to Old Trafford !
So in a team sport you are saying it was all down to Sam's brilliance and inspirational form that wee got to Old Trafford never mind won it?!!

All I can say is thank God Davies and Manfredi did f*ck all in the final otherwise we would have had to rely even more on Sam's utter brilliance that got him in the running for man of the match - oh wait :wink:
Did I say it was ‘all down to Sam’s brilliance’?

Many players were fantastic st the business end of the season and obviously we played great especially in defence as a team but my point is without Sam and his organisational skills, leadership and intelligence we wouldn’t have won some games that we had to ultimately resulting in us not winning a GF!

He was massively influential for us, more than any other player in my opinion!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
wall_of_voodoo wrote:
Nezza Faz wrote:
Yeah agree, most likely wouldn't have got to Old Trafford !
So in a team sport you are saying it was all down to Sam's brilliance and inspirational form that wee got to Old Trafford never mind won it?!!

All I can say is thank God Davies and Manfredi did f*ck all in the final otherwise we would have had to rely even more on Sam's utter brilliance that got him in the running for man of the match - oh wait :wink:

Many players were fantastic st the business end of the season and obviously we played great especially in defence as a team but my point is without Sam and his organisational skills, leadership and intelligence we wouldn’t have won some games that we had to ultimately resulting in us not winning a GF!

And in a team sport, you still need leaders to get the side around the park. Remember SOL was missing for all these crucial matches during the run in, so someone was needed to boss the rest around, and despite all the good players Sam was the only true leader out there.
I think Catalans see this quality, as did Wayne Bennett, even if some others don't !
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Nezza Faz wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
wall_of_voodoo wrote: So in a team sport you are saying it was all down to Sam's brilliance and inspirational form that wee got to Old Trafford never mind won it?!!

And in a team sport, you still need leaders to get the side around the park. Remember SOL was missing for all these crucial matches during the run in, so someone was needed to boss the rest around, and despite all the good players Sam was the only true leader out there.
I think Catalans see this quality, as did Wayne Bennett, even if some others don't !
But leaders can pop up at any time in sport especially when needed. For example 2016 GF win won that from nowhere as other players stepped up.

As for the Bennett comment if ZH had behaved himself and Widdop not been injured ST would not have been in the side.