Likely Downtime and Upgrade Problems

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Likely Downtime and Upgrade Problems

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote:Hi all

Here is a preview of the new system I'm going to adopt for the message board.

newsite

It should give us a more up to date system with far better security. It is also available on mobile on Tapatalk https://www.tapatalk.com/ by searching for WiganWarriorsFans.com.

You should all be able to login using the same username and passwords you have on the main site.

Let me know any feedback you have here or on the new site.
One of the reason I like our site before all others is that it’s different to all the others fans forums.

It’s very easy to use & move around for newbies. Crikey, if it hadn’t been for this site I would never have bothered with forums at all ????

I’ve just used the new site, it nice & clean but I can’t tell if there are new posts or not yet. Will they be highlighted like they are on the original site?

BTW, all the silly letters & strange symbols have disappeared ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Yes, at the moment it thinks all the posts are new. Hit the link to Mark all read and you should see anything new after that being highlighted.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote:Yes, at the moment it thinks all the posts are new. Hit the link to Mark all read and you should see anything new after that being highlighted.
I’ve done that Mike but it’s not highlighting new posts but it is on the old site.

It’s not updating any posts at all.

Plus we’ve got the crazy letters & symbols again on the original site when I preview 🤔🤔
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

The old and new sites are not linked. So new posts here will not show up there and vice versa.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐