Zak Hardaker back on board at Wigan Warriors... and here’s why Adrian Lam is excited

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Zak Hardaker back on board at Wigan Warriors... and here’s why...

Post by medlocke »

Nezza Faz wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
wall_of_voodoo wrote: So in a team sport you are saying it was all down to Sam's brilliance and inspirational form that wee got to Old Trafford never mind won it?!!

All I can say is thank God Davies and Manfredi did f*ck all in the final otherwise we would have had to rely even more on Sam's utter brilliance that got him in the running for man of the match - oh wait :wink:
Did I say it was ‘all down to Sam’s brilliance’?

Many players were fantastic st the business end of the season and obviously we played great especially in defence as a team but my point is without Sam and his organisational skills, leadership and intelligence we wouldn’t have won some games that we had to ultimately resulting in us not winning a GF!

He was massively influential for us, more than any other player in my opinion!

And in a team sport, you still need leaders to get the side around the park. Remember SOL was missing for all these crucial matches during the run in, so someone was needed to boss the rest around, and despite all the good players Sam was the only true leader out there.
I think Catalans see this quality, as did Wayne Bennett, even if some others don't !
Hadn't Sam already signed for Catalans before his magnificent streak of form, I hazard a guess that Cats basically bought Sam because he was Sam
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

thegimble wrote:
Nezza Faz wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Did I say it was ‘all down to Sam’s brilliance’?

Many players were fantastic st the business end of the season and obviously we played great especially in defence as a team but my point is without Sam and his organisational skills, leadership and intelligence we wouldn’t have won some games that we had to ultimately resulting in us not winning a GF!

He was massively influential for us, more than any other player in my opinion!

And in a team sport, you still need leaders to get the side around the park. Remember SOL was missing for all these crucial matches during the run in, so someone was needed to boss the rest around, and despite all the good players Sam was the only true leader out there.
I think Catalans see this quality, as did Wayne Bennett, even if some others don't !
But leaders can pop up at any time in sport especially when needed. For example 2016 GF win won that from nowhere as other players stepped up.

As for the Bennett comment if ZH had behaved himself and Widdop not been injured ST would not have been in the side.

Disagree, I'd say he'd have played Sam at FB and put Widdop in his usual St George HB position. Don't think Bennett's that much time himself for ZH, after his previous drinking antics within the England squad that led to him being banned.

And when Myler played in the 3rd Test with Sam out injured, the England Backs were a shambles. The difference between those two was significant.

As for leaders, at one time SOL's absence would have been felt badly in our performances, but Sam took on that role (as a natural leader) with SOL continually missing. It got to the situation that when he also was out, our organization and defending in the backs was a complete mess ! And on attack, it seemed we'd never score. Only on his return, would our attack click, with the Centres and Wings seeing the ball again.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

medlocke wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:
old hooker wrote: And what are your qualifications?
I go and watch and don't slag players off who clearly have significant contributions to make.
Furthermore I don't promote non purchase of season tickets or otherwise by other supporters on here. Clearly the person is a troll and noy a fan and as such will reap the contempt deserved.
Merry Christmas by the way! :lol:
You truly are a grade A knob, Merry Christmas by the way
Yeh, a grade A knob that can remember his sign on details! :lol:
If you really want to treat me for Crimbo, call me something I've not heard before!?!
PM me and I'll give you a lift to the airport when your doing your runner! :thumbsupemoji:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Nezza Faz wrote:
thegimble wrote:
Nezza Faz wrote:
But leaders can pop up at any time in sport especially when needed. For example 2016 GF win won that from nowhere as other players stepped up.

As for the Bennett comment if ZH had behaved himself and Widdop not been injured ST would not have been in the side.

Disagree, I'd say he'd have played Sam at FB and put Widdop in his usual St George HB position. Don't think Bennett's that much time himself for ZH, after his previous drinking antics within the England squad that led to him being banned.

And when Myler played in the 3rd Test with Sam out injured, the England Backs were a shambles. The difference between those two was significant.

As for leaders, at one time SOL's absence would have been felt badly in our performances, but Sam took on that role (as a natural leader) with SOL continually missing. It got to the situation that when he also was out, our organization and defending in the backs was a complete mess ! And on attack, it seemed we'd never score. Only on his return, would our attack click, with the Centres and Wings seeing the ball again.
Sam would have played no matter who was fit and he was a big help in us winning the first 2 games, showed how much we missed him in the 3rd!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Can we stop the multiple quotes please?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

The graveyards are full of irreplaceable people.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Levrier wrote:The graveyards are full of irreplaceable people.
:lol: