£30 million for each Club after Christmas.

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Nezza Faz

Re: £30 million for each Club after Christmas.

Post by Nezza Faz »

The only link I see is union's approach and realisation of big business to the sport.
I wish our Organisation could see the same.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Nezza Faz wrote:The only link I see is union's approach and realisation of big business to the sport.
Perhaps I should have said EU. Maybe " Remainers " was a little subtle. :doz:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

SJ wrote:
Nezza Faz wrote:The only link I see is union's approach and realisation of big business to the sport.
The connection being there all in the conspiracy against you right? :conf:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
SJ

Post by SJ »

Mike wrote:
SJ wrote:
The connection being there all in the conspiracy against you right? :conf:

There isn't a connection between parallel lines viz. = but if we're talking quauntum physics quite possibly but we're not oh! Conspiracy theories I just luv them. Don't you Mike? I reckon the Pope is head of the EU you know 4th Reich Keep it quiet it adds to the theory ( and Im the Pope)
:conf: :wink:
markill

Post by markill »

They need the money, they're all in big debt aren't they? It's just a shame we can't find a way of attracting sponsors to pump that sort of money in to our sport where our clubs could actually spend it on facilities, on community projects, on PR & marketing, on digital output and all those other things we wish the money was there for.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
SJ

Post by SJ »

We are a parochial sport. Union is International has the backing of the Establishment ,Media and big business interests. Always have had and I for one can't see the status quo changing no matter that our product is so much better than Union. I wouldn't go as far as Meds in saying a it's a death knellll for RL but things don't look rosey for the future :(
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

SJ wrote:We are a parochial sport. Union is International has the backing of the Establishment ,Media and big business interests. Always have had and I for one can't see the status quo changing no matter that our product is so much better than Union. I wouldn't go as far as Meds in saying a it's a death knellll for RL but things don't look rosey for the future :(
"The Establishment"? Which century are you living in? :D

As for the "link" between "remainers and Union supporters"...

You do realise that a Brexit will hurt the working class* disproportionately more don't you?

*An outdated term but it will have to do
SJ

Post by SJ »

It's in the same century as "Establishment " We both know what we mean. So no worries eh? :D happy new year ????????????
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

moto748 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:07 pm
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
the biggest issue is, unions getting better to watch year on year as the players get fitter
It's flattered by the TV highlights which don't show the down-time and boring bits.
Trying to get this thread back on line I agree with both of the above comments particularly the second. I would add two points as well. The highlights on Channel 5 are presented by two articulate and in the case of David Flatman knowledgable about what he is talking about as well as ethusiastic but the RU top division seems to be going the same way as international RU and the NRL in using more and more south sea island players, it wont be long before the number of English players in the RU Premiership drop to the %age of English players available to Southgate.
More constructively I would hope the RL recognises the way the use of bonus points has revolutionised the way teams play, however far behind they may be they try to score tries to see if they can get a valuable bonus point, look at the top two in their league, the difference in the positions of Exeter and Saracens is simply the difference in bonus points, once this difference gets more than the points for a straight win ot either end of the table it becomes really interesting.
Forget trying to abolish draws adopt bonus points for number of tries scored or narrowness of defeat to ensure everg team in every game hss something to aim for. Probably not applicable to London this season.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I take your point, but I think bonus points were perhaps needed in Union, but not required in league. We don't generally suffer from a lack of tries. It always used to be the jibe about RU that the team with the best penalty kicker won; that is much less true nowadays as coaches have realised that you need to score tries to win games.