How Wigan Warriors’ George Williams hopes working with Adrian Lam will benefit him

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

How Wigan Warriors’ George Williams hopes working with Adrian Lam will benefit him

Post by josie andrews »

George Williams has enjoyed his first two weeks working under Adrian Lam - a coach who believes he can take the halfback’s game to “the next level”. Lam has made no secret that he believes Williams will benefit the most from his arrival.

A former champion halfback with Wigan and Queensland, Lam has also worked alongside the likes of Cooper Cronk and Johnathan Thurston in his role as assistant for the Australian national side. And Williams was keen to return to training to pick up tips from the new man of the Warriors helm.

“After three or four weeks off after the England internationals, I was keen to get back in, especially with having a new coach,” said Williams. “The lads were raving about him and I was keen to see what he was like.”

Asked how he felt about Lam’s pledge to take his game to “the next level”, Williams was both excited but diplomatic. “I’ve been lucky I’ve had some really good coaches with Shaun Wane, Wayne Bennett and now Lammy,” the 24-year-old said.

“You try and pick up bits from everyone and if I can learn things from Lammy to add to what I already have, it’s only going to benefit my game.”

He may have a new halfback partner to start the new campaign, following the recruitment of ex-London No.7 Jarrod Sammut. “Jarrod’s scored some incredible tries and there’s no doubting he has the talent, no disrespect to London but I can’t see why he can’t step up a level,” he added.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-9523251
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Re: How Wigan Warriors’ George Williams hopes working with Adrian Lam will benefit him

Post by medlocke »

Benefit him so he can go to the NRL?
moto748

Re: How Wigan Warriors’ George Williams hopes working with Adrian Lam will benefit him

Post by moto748 »

What would you prefer? If he fails to make good on his initial talent, the NRL won't want him. Would that suit you better?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

moto748 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:08 pm What would you prefer? If he fails to make good on his initial talent, the NRL won't want him. Would that suit you better?
Doesn't bother me either way, I'm off to Canada :D
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Why post if it doesn't bother you?
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

lucky 13 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:43 pm Why post if it doesn't bother you?
Because somebody has to ask these questions