Beer throwing

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
keptinthedarkfans

Beer throwing

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

I don't know what this is all about it happens at saints every year and seems to be creeping into more and more of our away games by our own fans twice on Thursday I was covered in beer along side some young ladies around me.why anyone would spend nearly £4 to throw over people speaks volumes of there mentality. This needs to be kicked out our clubs name is being sullied more by these childish gutless morons please if you do see this and can point them out have the courage to to tell someone and have them removed so that the true supporters can enjoy the game get behind the team not waiting for the next item to be thrown 😠😠😕
josie andrews

Re: Beer throwing

Post by josie andrews »

It’s the same with the smoke bombs! 😡

Luckily, they weren’t as close to me on Friday but it still affected me. Why do we have to put up with all this crap from the bleeding imbeciles we have who call themselves fans!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

The simple answer to that Josie is we don't it just takes us fans to stand up and point these morons out. Many fans must see this so they rather think its funny or not wanting to get involved either way its wrong. Its time we showed we are once again the biggest and best travelling supporters in rl not casting us all in the same light as a bunch of travelling cretins. I am actually even thinking of not going to away games this season. what's the point if you cant enjoy the atmosphere. The last 3 years have been the worst I have ever experienced away and I have watched Wigan for over 55 years. And I am not that naïve to think we are the only team with an element that always looks for trouble. What worries me ours seems to be rapidly growing and not just one section . As you have seen on Thursday in different areas of the fans. Flares completely different area to beer /missile throwing.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

It takes a special kind of idiot to pay 4 quid to throw over people but it’s creeping in more and more at Wigan’s away games sad to say.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

There has always been issues with behaviour at away gAmes (and at home) it’s a cycle of youth who can’t handle a drink. Good on them for paying their money supporting their team but please act like adults!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Mike1993

Post by Mike1993 »

I've also noticed recently that there are more and more idiots watching Wigan but it mainly only seems to be away games that I see it. I first noticed it away at Leeds last year there was bunch of fans stood not far behind me, none of them had any Wigan colours on and they all seemed to be itching for a fight with anybody who was supporting Leeds. At one point they even started on Ronnie the Rhino, and it wasn't just banter either that fans have with mascots like Wolfie it was vile what they were coming out with.

I just don't know where it's started to come from over the last few seasons. When me and my mate went to away matches as teenagers we would always stand near the back of the stands as the atmosphere was incredible but as we've got older now we stay as far away from them as possible, getting covered in beer when it's minus 1 isn't my idea of a good night at the rugby. Something definitely needs to be done about these idiots.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike1993 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:27 am I've also noticed recently that there are more and more idiots watching Wigan but it mainly only seems to be away games that I see it. I first noticed it away at Leeds last year there was bunch of fans stood not far behind me, none of them had any Wigan colours on and they all seemed to be itching for a fight with anybody who was supporting Leeds. At one point they even started on Ronnie the Rhino, and it wasn't just banter either that fans have with mascots like Wolfie it was vile what they were coming out with.

I just don't know where it's started to come from over the last few seasons. When me and my mate went to away matches as teenagers we would always stand near the back of the stands as the atmosphere was incredible but as we've got older now we stay as far away from them as possible, getting covered in beer when it's minus 1 isn't my idea of a good night at the rugby. Something definitely needs to be done about these idiots.
It’s been going on for several years! Castleford & Huddersfield, as well as Saints & Leeds, are also favourite away venues for the idiots to come out! 😡
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

It's not just Wigan fans, I've seen exactly the same comments from Saints fans on Red Vee.
Enough people now have camera phones, just look how many are are posted from the games on social media, so just take photos or video of the idiots, give them to the club and get the perpetrators banned.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I agree entirely with your comments Why not cut out the middle man and throw a five pound note?
Fortunately it is only beer in this instance but I've seen urine thrown at gigs!
Such is the mentality of your average forty year old these days!
And I jest not about the age!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
pedro

Post by pedro »

I remember it happening at central park in the 90s near the bar on the popular side when we scored v saints.