Unwanted NRL star who walked out on Leeds contract, now working in local coffee shop

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Unwanted NRL star who walked out on Leeds contract, now working in local coffee shop

Post by josie andrews »

Remember James Segeyaro? Yes, the one that walked out on his contract with Leeds Rhinos at the end of 2016… Well after failing to find an NRL club for 2019, he is now working in a local coffee shop.

Segeyaro walked out on the Rhinos prior to the 2017 Super League season to return to the NRL, however he is now without a club after Cronulla Sharks failed to find room on their cap to retain him.

As a result, the 28-year-old is working in a Sydney coffee shop with retired New Zealand winger Jason Nightingale and is hoping an NRL club comes in for him before the new season.

“I’m in the middle of no man’s land at the moment,” Segeyaro told Nine News Sydney.

“Every footy player knows how daunting it is when you don’t have a club. I haven’t got paid since October.”

After signing a two-year deal with Leeds in September 2016, Segeyaro walked out of the contract just two months later and only avoided court after the Rhinos agreed a settlement with Cronulla in March 2017.

Two seasons on and with the Sharks deciding not to keep the former Papua New Guinea international, he has been unable to sign a deal elsewhere despite speaking to a number of teams.

I was talking to clubs prior to the season and I thought I was going to be sweet but fast forward to now and it’s pretty tough,” Segeyaro explained.

“I was close to getting signed but a lot of things go into it that you don’t even realise. I’m ready to go and I’m pretty sure every club knows my capabilities.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/unwanted ... hop-19076/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Unwanted NRL star who walked out on Leeds contract, now working in local coffee shop

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Does he not fancy a gig at Wigan?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
ancientnloyal

Re: Unwanted NRL star who walked out on Leeds contract, now working in local coffee shop

Post by ancientnloyal »

He could get a job at the kiosk! They seemed to be slow last year serving the pies and no til.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:05 pm Does he not fancy a gig at Wigan?
Would any SL club take a chance on him after what he did at Leeds
jobo

Post by jobo »

medlocke wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:47 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:05 pm Does he not fancy a gig at Wigan?
Would any SL club take a chance on him after what he did at Leeds
Allways thought it was a bit of a strange one, him walking out on his contract.

He was a good player, not sure what he's like now though.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Wouldn’t touch him. Too unreliable, think it was disgusting what he did at Leeds.
Spat his dummy out when he didn’t get his own way. Wish the sharks or no other team would of paid the fee to Leeds when he wanted out, he would of been stuck then