Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
SJ

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by SJ » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:24 pm

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:52 pm
Yes, put it to bed, some folk don't like it!
No need to comment SJ but you can't help yourself?

What part of the post you refer to is factually false or you disagree with.
You can respond with an intelligent response if you can which,intellectually you can't. Why? Because my post is logically accurate. If it's not why is it not.

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:20 pm

I'll repeat my comment why should they put it to bed on one person's whim?
I find it quite amusing reading the comments of late, so there you go, I want it to keep going!
Donald Tusk was right this week and he was bob on with his comment!
Johnson, Davis, Mogg, Farage have all spent the last two years hiding behind Terry May while she fights their battle. Hate to say it but she's more balls than the lot of them and most of the half wits that moan about what she's done!
Nobody who turns out to work has won with Brexit, leave or stay, the whole affair has been project fear and project lies.
Now make what you like of that "Jim" but that's how it is, you won't get what you want, nobody will!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield

DaveO

Post by DaveO » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:04 pm

Well anyone thinks Brexit is done one way or the other is in for a pretty horrendous next decade or so. The fallout is going to be huge.

Here an example. If we do leave and want a trade deal with the US this tells you what US industry and agriculture is lobbying for:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... mg00000008

It boils down to the freedom to poison us, fleece us and do away with environmental protection and safety standards.

South Korea is also working out what it can get out of us e.g. to extract concessions from the UK over a new trade deal: for example only letting UK count EU industrial parts in "rules of origin" calculations if Seoul can count Chinese parts.

This is the nitty gritty reality of Brexit when you walk away from a body that can tell the USA where to stick its hormone riddled food and poor food safety standards. And it's no use saying a different government could repeal any unfavourable trade deal. Look at what happened with NAFTA. Once the damage is done there is no undoing it. Let hormone riddles produce into the food chain and you can't just say "we stopped, let ius export to you again" to countries that ban it. They won't have it.

medlocke

Post by medlocke » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:16 pm

More scaremongering from Dave and Co

SJ

Post by SJ » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:42 pm

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:20 pm
I'll repeat my comment why should they put it to bed on one person's whim?
I find it quite amusing reading the comments of late, so there
Now make what you like of that "Jim" but that's how it is, you won't get what you want, nobody will!!
You may be right WW. Don't think Tusk was right,as you say A bit Childish for man in his position Puzzled by my name in quotes. It is my real name No worries about eating American beef or chicken I've been eating it for years as my pa did for years and he lived till age 94. Ps wasn't surprised about your approval of Tusks comments seeing as you wished me and Fawd"
" off Shed"dead in a post on this forum. You wouldn't get away with that now tho'
Last edited by SJ on Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:34 pm

Tusk was having a pop at yhe folk like Johnson and Farage for misleading folk with bull and prigs like Mogg and the tory press are trying to mislead with his comment as to what he said!!
Just listening Mogg twisting it all round again while saying what May should do!!
Anyway I'm sat in sight of the DW and I'm fed up of listening to that mealy mouthed, condescending rswipe!
And for the record SJ he doesn't give a fig for me, or you for that matter even though some brain deads ringing up his prog think he does!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield

SJ

Post by SJ » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:54 pm

Again you could be right but I like the guy. He seems like an honourable man. Never seen him bad mouth anyone. Always polite even under prover cation But he is a politician and they all lost respect from the electorate by their behaviour this past year or so.

DaveO

Post by DaveO » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:39 pm

medlocke wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:16 pm
No counter argument then. Typical.

You expect these countries to give us the same or better term than we have now? Why? For a favour? Brexit is an opportunity for every other country except the UK.

If trade doesn't float your boat, here is some more scaremongering:

https://amp.thenational.ae/world/europe ... FaVy--kZM

Now if you think that, which is a direct result of the Brexit fiasco is acceptable, I give up.

SJ

Post by SJ » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:18 am

DaveO wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:39 pm
medlocke wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:16 pm
No counter argument then. Typical.

You expect these countries to give us the same or better term than we have now? Why? For a favour? Brexit is an opportunity for every other country except the UK.

If trade doesn't float your boat, here is some more scaremongering:

https://amp.thenational.ae/world/europe ... FaVy--kZM

Now if you think that, which is a direct result of the Brexit fiasco is acceptable, I give up.

If that's a promise Dave. I've not read it but I accept it Just to shut you up😜 Take up knitting I bet you can knit fog. 😄

Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:21 am

Come off it DaveO, of course it's acceptable. Brexiters will be punching the air with delight as we are restricting immigration and controlling our borders.
Leaving the EU never made any sense from the start, it still doesn't and never will. All the promises and undertakings given have now proved to be worthless, as is the argument for Leaving.