Wigan v Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AndyNick

Re: Wigan v Leeds

Post by AndyNick »

Solid display against lets face it, A bang average Leeds side. The three tries we conceded were of our own making rather than anything Leeds did. A lot is said of other teams spending big money on big names from the NRL when we're signing "A Prop from Barrow" Based on last nights showing I think we got the better deal there. I didn't even realise Merrin was playing until the second half when he was on our side of the pitch!

What was disappointing for me was the 11200 attendance. A Home opener as defending champions against Leeds and we're not even cracking 12000. A few years ago we'd have been disappointed to only get 15k for Leeds at home.

Could anyone in the Boston stand hear the PA Announcer? It's never been an issue before but last night it was like listening to the Peter Kay wedding DJ bit!
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

One of the many good things for mine was that the defence was the main problem. As we know that that can be fixed. These players have shown time and time again they know what’s required. It is also worth bearing in mind that this was the match immediately before the world club challenge, and so they will have had half an eye on that. Which might well explain some of their tentative defence.
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

Couldnt hear a thing from the PA announcer in the east stand. I couldn't hear the golden gamble results at half time nor the interchanges. Lets hope it gets sorted for the rest of the season. Its never been a problem before.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Just watched the match on wigan Tv
Attack is looking good but defence looks extremely scrappy.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Leeds Rhinos player cleared of biting Wigan Warriors' Sam Powell

The Leeds player accused of biting Sam Powell during last Friday's Super League clash has been cleared.
Rhinos forward Mikolaj Oledzki has been cleared by the Rugby Football League of a biting allegation.

Wigan hooker Powell made the claim during his side's 34-16 Super League win over the Rhinos last Friday to referee Ben Thaler, who placed the incident on report.

However, after scrutinising footage of the incident, the RFL's match review panel decided that the 20-year-old Oledzki was trying to turn his head to avoid contact with his opponent's hand and "has not demonstrated a biting motion"

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-9590839
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Moment of the Match

Four great moments from Wigan’s BETFRED Super League Round 2 match vs Leeds

Vote for your favourite

This week features Liam Farrell, Dan Sarginson, Sean O’Loughlin and Joe Bullock
Select your favourite Moment of the Match from Wigan’s BETFRED Super League Round 2 fixture vs Leeds Rhinos.

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... b3eVdxE.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan