England vs France RU

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wintergreen

England vs France RU

Post by Wintergreen »

If you get the chance, watch Jonny May's 2nd try (think it was the 2nd).

Very "John Fergusson 1985" :) (not quite as good but hey, few if any are)
SJ

Re: England vs France RU

Post by SJ »

Wintergreen wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:32 pm If you get the chance, watch Jonny May's 2nd try (think it was the 2nd).

Very "John Fergusson 1985" :) (not quite as good but hey, few if any are)
No chance. Not risking dropping a stitch.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Watched the last couple of Scotland games..and enjoyed them seriously thinking of grabbing a ticket for game come the autumn
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Just saw the last couple of minutes and when the final whistle blew the commentator said that it had taken over an hour to play the second half.
I wonder if the RU will do anything about that!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:08 pm Just saw the last couple of minutes and when the final whistle blew the commentator said that it had taken over an hour to play the second half.
Do you think the 6 nations will revert to the 3 nations once Brexit has been achieved Ted?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

medlocke wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:52 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:08 pm Just saw the last couple of minutes and when the final whistle blew the commentator said that it had taken over an hour to play the second half.
Do you think the 6 nations will revert to the 3 nations once Brexit has been achieved Ted?
Nah. It will be fine. Part of the Establishment which is what Brexit is designed to benefit. RL on the other hand might find it difficult to recruit young players like Escare or Hamlin unless it wants to pay them over £30K otherwise they will be considered "unskilled labour".

And given the way Brexit is going, the legal right to reside of our two French players is currently in doubt and even if it were settled, I can't see that going down well in certain corners of Brexit supporting Wigan outside the RL community.

Will they face this sort of backlash just because they are French? Vandals spray EU scum go home on French van
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

DaveO wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:20 pm
medlocke wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:52 pm
Nah. It will be fine. Part of the Establishment which is what Brexit is designed to benefit. RL on the other hand might find it difficult to recruit young players like Escare or Hamlin unless it wants to pay them over £30K otherwise they will be considered "unskilled labour".

And given the way Brexit is going, the legal right to reside of our two French players is currently in doubt and even if it were settled, I can't see that going down well in certain corners of Brexit supporting Wigan outside the RL community.

Will they face this sort of backlash just because they are French? Vandals spray EU scum go home on French van
Well one's not getting game time and might decide his future lies elsewhere, the other isn't performing so would it really affect us that much