IL and KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
acwrlfc

IL and KR

Post by acwrlfc »

I am afraid to say MUST take a lot of responsibility for our current plight.

Very poor recruitment lacking in size, speed and size.

Best players leaving no replacements. Why are Saints keeping hold of Thompson, Lomax, Makinson etc, yet the NRL clubs target our players who are currently not a patch on the afore mentioned. Williams being a prime example is it the fact he plays for Wigan. I d have Lomax over Williams in a heart beat

If we are paying the full cap then something is massively wrong, we were after Hastings but ended up with Sammut, come on.

Looking at the list of players who have moved on in the last 5 years is staggering.

Also today Lam has hung Escare out to dry, why play him on the wing and criticise him when Mullen is down there and commentating on the radio.

Last rant why or why is Powell leading out our club, he is so average he would struggle to get a game in my local amateur side, he offers nothing.
old hooker

Re: IL and KR

Post by old hooker »

You hit the nail on the head, good post.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Lomax over Williams. You're joking right?
George has been in the first team for four years, how many games has Lomax played in that time?

IL & KR may have brought in the wrong coach. Our defence last season was excellent this season thus far its a shambles. Whether Lam is the right man I don't know but we need to win more than one in the next four games. Following the next four its Cas (a) then Saints (h).

We have to improve and very quickly.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Forget the coach.

Look at the players who have left.

Then look at the players who have come in.

That is purely down to IL and KR.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wintergreen wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:54 pm Forget the coach.

Look at the players who have left.

Then look at the players who have come in.

That is purely down to IL and KR.
So we did fine in defense when Tomkins was injured so that leaves Bateman, we did fine in defense when he was suspended.

The players left are perfectly capable of defend they just dont seem to be doing it.

Did we concentrate on the new attack system to much in the office season amd ignore defense?

Yes we are weaker but we should not have been losing to Hull and London weaker.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
pedro

Post by pedro »

they only missed 1 game together last season.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

pedro wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:39 pm they only missed 1 game together last season.
Tomkins didnt play any of the saints matches it was like he was scared of Barba.

And the point is the defense doesnt rely on one or two people it was everyone working together to keep the team out, we shouldnt have lost that from a couple of departures.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
01tentpeg

Post by 01tentpeg »

what a excellent post well said, I agree with what you are saying I also think the same .how long is it since we signed one or two really good players other sides seem to these days :?: :?: :?: :?:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:51 pm
pedro wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:39 pm they only missed 1 game together last season.
Tomkins didnt play any of the saints matches it was like he was scared of Barba.

And the point is the defense doesnt rely on one or two people it was everyone working together to keep the team out, we shouldnt have lost that from a couple of departures.
Does it matter though that Tomkins missed the Saints game? He was excellent all season long,but I do agree with you over the defence there isn’t any sense of cohesion at the moment,something that has always been there.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I do agree that KR seems resign a player if they show a slight sign of potential. It’s like wigan are scared of them showing their full potential if they let them go. Sorry but that’s the name of the game, you win some you lose some. I also believe IL is cost cutting as well. We’ve done well what we’ve signed in the past except this time we’ve lost Bateman and Tomkins who were very influential in team, also lockers isn’t getting any younger.