Wigan Warriors' George Williams in fresh link with NRL - report

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wiganer Ted

Re: Wigan Warriors' George Williams in fresh link with NRL - report

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If George does leave then we could be losing him, Tommy and Lockers all at the same time.
The club will have anticipated this and no doubt the recruitment process will have started some time ago.
Losing that quality from the spine of the team will be a massive hit. Top quality replacements are essential if we are to compete at the top end of SL.
I've no doubt IL and Rads will have been on the case for some time.
pedro

Post by pedro »

we will have an untested cheap alternative lined up no doubt
moto748

Post by moto748 »

medlocke wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:35 pm Powell is the stumbling block, Unless we can trick Wakefield into taking him along with a little money for Fifita, To sweeten the deal we could throw in Tautai :D
"Sweeten", you say? :D
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

OAMJSONA wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:44 pm He would probably be on the first plane back if and when he goes to Aus . Quite simply not good enuff
Funny, 'cos there's 5/6 NRL teams think he is !

Wayne Bennett had him 1st choice for England (who beat NZ).

I reckon they know a bit about half back play ?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wiganer Ted wrote: The club will have anticipated this and no doubt the recruitment process will have started some time ago.

I've no doubt IL and Rads will have been on the case for some time.
Please tell me you are being sarcastic?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

If (when) George goes we have three options that the club has persistently taken and will take again

1. Promote from within which means Josh Woods, Harry Smith or Joe Shorrocks

2. An overseas half already playing over here in this country who will be available at the end of this season

3. A championship player who's done the rounds abit

Long shot could be Owen Farrell BUT despite the fact his wages wouldn't count on the cap (well at least for a year) I am under the impression our cloth is being cut accordingly to the ambition
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

No I wasn't being sarcastic.
How could anyone not anticipate George getting numerous offers from the NRL? It was always going to happen. It has happened without any surprise. Tommy and Lockers will both retire end of this season, which is hardly a secret.
Just because the George to NRL was in yesterday's trade press doesn't mean the club hasn't known about it for some time.
Given that why shouldn't IL & Rads have been on the case for some time.
It's a given they know who's OOC end of 2019 in the NRL and SL.
That's why I feel the club will now have been on the case for some considerable time.
RPow10

Post by RPow10 »

Hi everyone, I’ve relatively new to rugby league and certainly only a Wigan supporter for about 4 months. Having watched George Williams this season it’s clear he is talented but is he doing enough to influence games at the moment?
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

RPow10 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:41 pm Hi everyone, I’ve relatively new to rugby league and certainly only a Wigan supporter for about 4 months. Having watched George Williams this season it’s clear he is talented but is he doing enough to influence games at the moment?
:lol:

Well people tend to keep their views on George to themselves on this forum. Don't expect a reply........ :lol:
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Nezza Faz wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:09 pm
OAMJSONA wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:44 pm He would probably be on the first plane back if and when he goes to Aus . Quite simply not good enuff
Funny, 'cos there's 5/6 NRL teams think he is !

Wayne Bennett had him 1st choice for England (who beat NZ).

I reckon they know a bit about half back play ?
Its a pity Williams doesnt know about half back play