Wigan v Hudds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: Wigan v Hudds

Post by ancientnloyal »

We have Warrington away next :ugeek:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:00 pm What was the line from the famous movie?

‘Are you not entertained?’

Honestly! You don’t know what you have got till it’s gone sadly!

Attacking/Entertaining RL - 😂

Defence - 😂

Great defence wins games, leagues, cups etc. You have to earn the right to be attacking and entertaining! Elite level is all about winning and not being entertained, at least with Wane we got one of them although compared to right now we actually got both!

To think some on here continually slaughtered Wane and Tomkins, oh what I would give to have them both back right now, along with Bateman!

Worrying times, very worrying!!
Those who said we didnt have a clue in attack under wane should look at the for/against. each season compared to the rest of thd league

But as you said people wanted,
Wane gone, They got what the wanted
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Has wane ever had this weak a squad? Has wane ever been so short of extra coaches? ....... like ive said before he got out at the right time and thats a fact
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:11 pm Has wane ever had this weak a squad? Has wane ever been so short of extra coaches? ....... like ive said before he got out at the right time and thats a fact
Yes he did, most of the player brought in under wane where no big names, Wane molded them into the players they are and i include Bateman in that.

wane started with Himself and Harris, Harris left and we replaced him with winder?

if Wane had been coaching tonight a different team would have been out that second half.. we saw that so many time during his tenure.

Lam is responsible for our attacking and defensive structure, that team sheet was not weak at kick off the blame is the coach.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Respect to wane for leaving when he did and i agree with a lot of what u say....... but bateman was quality when we signed him...... a lot of clubs were after him at the time
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

captinjack wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:55 pm Total shite. Powell needs to be giving the job of cleaning the bogs and don't let him anywhere near the pitch As for Lam, get Denis Betts in.
Dont be silly he would keep dropping the bucket.
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

That was disgraceful. Lam has completely ruined this team. Can’t see there being much of a crowd at our next home match.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:28 pm Respect to wane for leaving when he did and i agree with a lot of what u say....... but bateman was quality when we signed him...... a lot of clubs were after him at the time
Bateman was still a young raw talent though coming from a mashed up Bulls system. Wigan did good to get him World Class
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Agreed but any rugby fan could see he was gonna be special
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Flower was another although i did think gil dudson wudda done a lot more than he did