Salary Cap

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Salary Cap

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

If a players wife was getting paid to play RL, do you think that should be counted on the salary cap? Do you think it is against the spirit of the cap?

I remember when someone posted that we should pay someone’s wife to work at the JJB to get round the cap!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
medlocke

Re: Salary Cap

Post by medlocke »

Bring in 6 top aussies and get their birds in the women's squad but never play them job sorted :lol:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The cap should go,that the chairman won’t though and it is promoting mediocrity in the sport
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

This has been going on for years so does it matter,all clubs do it.There are far more issues in RL than whether someones wife gets a few quid from the club
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:40 pm The cap should go,that the chairman won’t though and it is promoting mediocrity in the sport

If it does more clubs will fold and Saints and Leeds will win everything every year.Wigan may also be up there if Lenaghan sells up but while he is in charge we wont spend
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

old hooker wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:44 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:40 pm The cap should go,that the chairman won’t though and it is promoting mediocrity in the sport

If it does more clubs will fold and Saints and Leeds will win everything every year.Wigan may also be up there if Lenaghan sells up but while he is in charge we wont spend
Clubs are folding with the cap, hello there Widnes how's your bank account today?,Bradford hello how's you doing?

Clubs are folding with the cap, thatll happen with it or not, for your fear of just saints and Leeds winning all the time your argument doesn't make sense as thats what's happened throughout the salary cap era, there wouldn't be a change, other than perhaps getting stars from the NRL at the height of their careers not when the local dog catchers have visited their houses
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Why would we ever get stars from the NRL at the peak of their careers (misfits aside), when the NRL is a far better, wealthier, and more prestigious comp? And that isn't likely to change anytime soon, regardless of the salary cap.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:45 pm If a players wife was getting paid to play RL, do you think that should be counted on the salary cap? Do you think it is against the spirit of the cap?

I remember when someone posted that we should pay someone’s wife to work at the JJB to get round the cap!
The question was, is it acceptable to use such a method to get round the cap?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

Paying a players wife or partner is covered in the salary cap rules, it forms part of the players salary cap value.

It was one of the many loopholes we and others have used in the past, Steve Renouf and Brett Dallas wives were employed in the club office

Saints used the flying over Singapore image rights trick

I’m sure other clubs used similar mechanisms
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:22 pm
old hooker wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:44 pm

Clubs are folding with the cap, hello there Widnes how's your bank account today?,Bradford hello how's you doing?

Clubs are folding with the cap, thatll happen with it or not, for your fear of just saints and Leeds winning all the time your argument doesn't make sense as thats what's happened throughout the salary cap era, there wouldn't be a change, other than perhaps getting stars from the NRL at the height of their careers not when the local dog catchers have visited their houses
You have not read my post properly,i said more clubs will go under,i am aware of Bradford and Widnes.Saints and Leeds do not win everything,other clubs have won the GF,several the challenge cup and LLS.I am not saying the cap is the perfect scenario but it is the best option.There are no oil rich arabs going to solv e our problems by buying Batley,Whitehaven,Keighley etc then start throwing money at the NRL for its best players.Whether we like it or not RL is a poor cousin to Football and RU and is a dying game and it will die quicker if we scrap the SC.