Parking at Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike1993

Parking at Salford

Post by Mike1993 »

Where are the best places to park at Salford's stadium? I went to the pre-season friendly but it took me forever to get off the stadium car park at the end of the game. Is there parking at the the airport across the road? I seem to remember over hearing this but not entirely sure if it's true or not.
curryman

Re: Parking at Salford

Post by curryman »

Access to the AJ Bell is not the best, is it. You have two choices really, either go down the only access road, park at the stadium and join the endless queue to leave at the end. Or you can park at Salford City Roosters ground and walk it from there. Its about a 20+ minute walk. If you are arriving by the M60 and the AJ Bell is a right turn at the roundabout, then go left. Go left again, Schofield Road and the Roosters ground is sign posted down there. Either way I don't know of any quicker way out of that location
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

We always parked on the Eccles / Salford ARLFC ground, but for the last few matches is hasn't been open. Crazy really as it was £5 a car and was stewarded. They must have made a few quid. Now we go on the street leading to it, but had the car keyed there last time so may try somewhere else.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Park across the road at City Airport(Barton) easier to get off only a fiver and stewarded and open at all times .
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

Do not go down the m62/m60. Go down the m6 and come off at junction21?. Follow Cadished Way to the Barton Aerodrome and park there.