Hull FC sign Andre Savelio from Brisbane Broncos on three-year deal

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Hull FC sign Andre Savelio from Brisbane Broncos on three-year deal

Post by josie andrews »

Hull FC have signed former St Helens and Warrington forward Andre Savelio from Brisbane Broncos on a three-year contract.

The 23-year-old second row will return to England after just one campaign in Brisbane, where he sustained a season-ending injury on his first appearance for the NRL side.

Savelio spent his youth career at Warrington but earned his first professional contract at rivals St Helens in 2011, where he went on to play 42 times.

A move back to the Wolves followed in 2017 and his impressive World Club Series performance for Warrington caught the attention of England and then-Broncos head coach Wayne Bennett, who signed the forward at the end of that season.

However, injury limited his chances at the Broncos and seemed further diminished after the departure of Bennett to South Sydney Rabbitohs at the start of the current campaign, which opened the opportunity of a return to Super League and join Lee Radford's side.

Savelio said: "I'm really excited for this new challenge, coming back to a competition that I know well and get back on my feet again.

"I'm looking forward to finding that love for the sport again.

"Hull are a big club so I'm really grateful for the opportunity. FC were keen from the get-go - they laid out their intentions.

I spoke with Lee [Radford, Hull's head coach]. I didn't really know him before he made the phone call but he is a coach I've always had respect for.

"The plans that he laid out on the phone sounded like they suited me perfectly."

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... -year-deal
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Re: Hull FC sign Andre Savelio from Brisbane Broncos on three-year deal

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:32 am Hull FC have signed former St Helens and Warrington forward Andre Savelio from Brisbane Broncos on a three-year contract.

The 23-year-old second row will return to England after just one campaign in Brisbane, where he sustained a season-ending injury on his first appearance for the NRL side.

Savelio spent his youth career at Warrington but earned his first professional contract at rivals St Helens in 2011, where he went on to play 42 times.

A move back to the Wolves followed in 2017 and his impressive World Club Series performance for Warrington caught the attention of England and then-Broncos head coach Wayne Bennett, who signed the forward at the end of that season.

However, injury limited his chances at the Broncos and seemed further diminished after the departure of Bennett to South Sydney Rabbitohs at the start of the current campaign, which opened the opportunity of a return to Super League and join Lee Radford's side.

Savelio said: "I'm really excited for this new challenge, coming back to a competition that I know well and get back on my feet again.

"I'm looking forward to finding that love for the sport again.

"Hull are a big club so I'm really grateful for the opportunity. FC were keen from the get-go - they laid out their intentions.

I spoke with Lee [Radford, Hull's head coach]. I didn't really know him before he made the phone call but he is a coach I've always had respect for.

"The plans that he laid out on the phone sounded like they suited me perfectly."

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... -year-deal
yet another team that decided to not fill the cap pre season
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I would sooner have him than Willie Isa.

He always looked a real handful and if it was right Lam was looking for another forward pre-season, then we should have looked at this guy, especially with Farrell being out.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

First Try Tickle wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:47 am I would sooner have him than Willie Isa.

He always looked a real handful and if it was right Lam was looking for another forward pre-season, then we should have looked at this guy, especially with Farrell being out.
Who could have foreseen this?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

First Try Tickle wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:47 am I would sooner have him than Willie Isa.

He played one game and got injured for more than a year. Imagine what people would have said if we *had* signed him.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

He’s a decent player but he is a huge risk after being out for so long,hope it works out for him
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Leeds are now bringing in Sharks prop Ava Seumanufagai
Broncos are in for Sandow
Cas and Salford are wanting Krisnan Inu

Meanwhile at Wigan..................
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

..........meanwhile in Wigan

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-9641495

read how we prop up the rest of the game with players
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: