Williams

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

Re: Williams

Post by ddtftf »

Good he is overated just judge his performances against the Salford lad we tried to sign and offered tea lady wages to come
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

Throw in Lockers and Leulali retirements and a ageing pack look forward to a new batch of Championship recruitments. But judging by the recent performances maybe that's all we will need. IL and KR have certainly got their work cut out to try and steady the ship because we are sinking fast. At the moment I cant see where the next win is coming from, it certainly wont be on Friday, and at this rate we will be bottom of the League by the end of March. Hopefully, now its out in the open Williams can get on and start to help us get out of this mess.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Well this will either go one of two ways

Now his future is (apparently) sorted with Canberra, he can knuckle down and get on with the job he is paid to do
or
He can do a Brian Carney and show a complete lack of interest and willingness to put himself about

Which way it will be , we as fans will soon find out. If it is the latter he will need dropping faster than a handful of manure
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

is sarginsons contract up end of this yr ?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

stevo38 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:50 pm is sarginsons contract up end of this yr ?
Really do hope so
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

We are getting Danny Brough
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

ddtftf wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:44 pm Good he is overated just judge his performances against the Salford lad we tried to sign and offered tea lady wages to come
Let them play Salford first.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

ancientnloyal wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:40 am We are getting Danny Brough
Its a sad state when he would even at this age walk into our starting 13
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

acwrlfc wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:53 pm I am staggered how Williams is seen as a marque player and being chased by Aussie clubs when you break it down what is his main strengths. I posted last week I d take Lomax over him every day of the week he is a much more rounded rugby league player . Williams has been built up for years but if you watch him on a regular basis his contribution is limited. He isn't young anymore a England international

We are suffering from the hype of IL/KR and to an extent Wane surrounding Williams and other Wigan born /produced players. Who in their eyes can do no wrong but from from a specator angle are massively disappointing and in my eyes overated.

In my fustration after the shambles tonight i would say let Williams go asap and see how he goes in the NRL as he is hardly ripping up Super League. The most hyped up player is SL and for me has a great deal of flaws in his game for a SO, passing poor , long kicking game poor. running game?

Two strengths short kicking game and D.

Also an appalling body language.

Exactly,you are spot on
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

One possible factor in George deciding to go could be that Canberra fans tend to support their players? Just wondering.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐