Injury update on Wigan Warriors' Dom Manfredi, Liam Marshall and Sam Powell

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Injury update on Wigan Warriors' Dom Manfredi, Liam Marshall and Sam Powell

Post by josie andrews »

Liam Marshall has dodged a long lay-off - while Adrian Lam has provided an update on injuries to Dom Manfredi and Sam Powell.

Wigan coaches breathed a sigh of relief last night after scans on Marshall's injured knee showed the damage was not serious. Fears were raised when he limped off in last Friday’s 14-6 loss to Huddersfield and he left the DW Stadium on crutches – Marshall’s season was ended by an injury to the same joint. But Lam says the injury is not serious and he is expected to be sidelined “between two and six weeks”.

Dom Manfredi will be out for between one and three weeks after injuring his teeth in the same game, while another casualty was hooker Sam Powell.

He faces a spell of between two weeks and a month on the sidelines with an ankle strain.

Taulima Tautai became a fourth player from Friday’s squad to drop out after being banned for three matches.

On the plus side, Lam will welcome back Dan Sarginson and Joe Greenwood for Friday’s Grand Final rematch at Warrington Wolves.

Forward Greenwood has missed the last two matches for concussion protocol, while Sarginson sat out last week with a thigh strain.

Romain Navarrete, Jarrod Sammut and Tom Davies - who all missed out last week - could come into the squad for Friday’s game at Warrington. And Jake Shorrocks is edging closer to a bench-spot.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-9646175
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Injury update on Wigan Warriors' Dom Manfredi, Liam Marshall and Sam Powell

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

It will be interesting to see how we perform without Powell.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

This is just like 2017, our squads dropping like flys.

Will be interesting to see who plays wing, i like Escare but he will struggle vs the warrington wingers. Charnley and the flying pig are massive these days.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I would play Hankinson on the wing, he's a big unit and pretty quick. I thought he did pretty good last week.

We need to fit Escare on the bench, he was the only highlight last week, every time he came into the middle he looked dangerous. Maybe not on Friday, but I would be tempted to give a go at stand off, I never thought Farge would make it at Saints, but what I've seen of him he looks to have improved.

Maybe we should try a cheeky bid for Danny Richardson.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

We need to play Sarge on the wing for 3 or 4 games and have nobody pass to him, Maybe that will make him change his ways
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:36 am It will be interesting to see how we perform without Powell.
Tommy to hooker Sammut to Scrumhalf Escare on the bench.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Sammut to 7 Leuluai at 9
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

First Try Tickle wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:23 am I would play Hankinson on the wing, he's a big unit and pretty quick. I thought he did pretty good last week.

We need to fit Escare on the bench, he was the only highlight last week, every time he came into the middle he looked dangerous. Maybe not on Friday, but I would be tempted to give a go at stand off, I never thought Farge would make it at Saints, but what I've seen of him he looks to have improved.

Hankinson is not quick enough to play on the wing, it is either centre or nowhere for me. Richardson is not as good as what we have got, if he was then he would be in the Saints team.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:36 am It will be interesting to see how we perform without Powell.
It will but i hope when we get battered by Wire fans don't point to Powell's absence as the cause. I'm expecting a heavy defeat against Wire
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:44 am
First Try Tickle wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:23 am I would play Hankinson on the wing, he's a big unit and pretty quick. I thought he did pretty good last week.

Hankinson is not quick enough to play on the wing, it is either centre or nowhere for me. Richardson is not as good as what we have got, if he was then he would be in the Saints team.
He has the size to be a ball playing second rower