Injury update on Wigan Warriors' Dom Manfredi, Liam Marshall and Sam Powell

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Injury update on Wigan Warriors' Dom Manfredi, Liam Marshall and Sam Powell

Post by nathan_rugby »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:35 am This is just like 2017, our squads dropping like flys.

Will be interesting to see who plays wing, i like Escare but he will struggle vs the warrington wingers. Charnley and the flying pig are massive these days.
Escare is not a winger.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

medlocke wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:52 am
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:44 am
First Try Tickle wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:23 am I would play Hankinson on the wing, he's a big unit and pretty quick. I thought he did pretty good last week.

We need to fit Escare on the bench, he was the only highlight last week, every time he came into the middle he looked dangerous. Maybe not on Friday, but I would be tempted to give a go at stand off, I never thought Farge would make it at Saints, but what I've seen of him he looks to have improved.

Maybe we should try a cheeky bid for Danny Richardson.
Hankinson is not quick enough to play on the wing, it is either centre or nowhere for me. Richardson is not as good as what we have got, if he was then he would be in the Saints team.
He has the size to be a ball playing second rower
He doesn't and he cannot even get in our starting 13 in his natural position, never mind one he has never played.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

No one seems to have noticed, (including Hicks, naturally and especially the disciplinary!) that Manfredi's injury was caused by a shoulder in the face and the offender should have faced a ban.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Southern Softy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:11 pm No one seems to have noticed, (including Hicks, naturally and especially the disciplinary!) that Manfredi's injury was caused by a shoulder in the face and the offender should have faced a ban.
At the game I thought it was a shoulder charge.

I only watched the game back on Monday, & I still thought it was a shoulder charge from Joe Wardle on Dom.

But.... according to the disciplinary
Player approaches contact with opponent from a low point of contact.
Opponent trips into contact of shoulder. Opponent is also low.
Contact accidental.
What a load of crap!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I suppose we should be grateful that Manfredi didn't get a 4 game ban for assaulting Wardle's shoulder with his face.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Southern Softy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:15 pm I suppose we should be grateful that Manfredi didn't get a 4 game ban for assaulting Wardle's shoulder with his face.
:lol: